- Head of Sales
- Sales/Business development Manager - Floriculture - Kunming, China
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
- France: "Local cultivation is more than the right postal code"
- Machine locates fruits and measures level of ripeness
- Farm identified as source of romaine lettuce E. coli O157:H7 outbreak
- Indoor farming topic of discussion after Dutch farm bankruptcy
- CAN (ON): Aquaponic cannabis grower expands with two new facilities
Top 5 -last week
- Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- 2018 Winter Light Greenhouse harvest: 122 kg cucumbers per square meter
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
Top 5 -last month
CAN (QC): Hydropothecary expands management team
“As we prepare to supply 20,000kg of cannabis to the Société des alcools du Québec and to expand into Ontario and other strategic markets, Roch, Sonia, and Jocelyn will play important and timely roles in the execution of our business strategy,” said Sebastien St-Louis, Hydropothecary’s co-founder and CEO.
Roch Vaillancourt brings almost 25 years experience in business and legal practice to his role as Hydropothecary’s General Counsel and Corporate Secretary. A graduate of Ottawa University (biomechanics and civil law), Roch is a member of the Barreau du Quebec as well as the Ontario and Canadian Bar Associations. He has been involved in several successful business ventures, both as an executive and legal advisor, most recently serving as General Counsel at Iovate Health Sciences International. Roch’s leadership and legal expertise have earned him a solid reputation among his peers, culminating in his inclusion as one of Canada’s top 100 General Counsels (Legal 500 GC Powerlist - 2016) and his inclusion in Legal Era Magazine’s London book release; “World’s Leading General Counsels - 2017-2018”.
As Hydropothecary’s General Counsel, he will play an integral role in crafting all aspects of the company’s business and legal strategy, including contract negotiations, ensuring regulatory compliance, managing legal and regulatory issues, and supporting management and the Board of Directors in all legal issues.
Also joining Hydropothecary’s management team is Sonia Isabel, Vice-President of Sales. Sonia’s track-record as a business development leader, as well as her entrepreneurial spirit, make her an invaluable member of the Hydropothecary team. She brings more than two decades of experience in various senior sales and marketing roles with the Société des alcools du Québec (SAQ) to the Hydropothecary team. As Vice-President of Sales, Sonia will play a key role in Hydropothecary’s success by leading the development and execution of the company’s sales, customer acquisition and customer retention strategies, focusing on the Quebec market and other markets across Canada and abroad.
Rounding out the most recent additions to Hydropothecary’s management team is Jocelyn Racine, Vice-President of Finance. Jocelyn brings three decades of financial management experience to the role, including in several executive level positions in the construction and telecommunications sectors. As Vice-President of Finance, Jocelyn will be responsible for the company’s day-to-day financial operations while providing senior management with financial insight. His expertise in financial, legal, operational, sales and human resources matters will be invaluable assets to Hydropothecary.
“I want to welcome Roch, Sonia, and Jocelyn to the Hydropothecary team,” said CEO Sebastien St-Louis. “The addition of a General Counsel, Vice-President of Sales, and Vice-President of Finance is another decisive step in securing our position as Quebec’s cannabis leader and supporting our expansion into Ontario and other markets.”
For more information:
120 chemin de la Rive, Gatineau, QC J8M 1V2
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-18 Girò focuses on sustainability with resistant and recyclable packaging
- 2018-12-18 PB Techniek acquired horticultural section of Armada Electric Services
- 2018-12-18 Henry Friesen acquires 25% of JV Energy Solutions shares
- 2018-12-14 Spain: Mercabarna opens up to organic produce
- 2018-12-14 US hospital prescribes and supplies healthy food
- 2018-12-14 Changes in the Board of Enza Zaden
- 2018-12-13 Turkish producer of sticky traps becomes part of Biobest Group
- 2018-12-13 Vitacress announces new senior appointments
- 2018-12-13 Chinese e-commerce App just raised $100M
- 2018-12-13 United Fresh encourages quick passage of Farm Bill this week
- 2018-12-12 Argus appoints new Strategic Supply Chain Manager, Cindy Sonnenberg
- 2018-12-11 PlantResponse closes $6.9 million funding
- 2018-12-10 Chinese retailer closes chain with opening 'largest plant factory in China'
- 2018-12-10 Google to take Wing delivery drones to Europe in 2019
- 2018-12-07 J. Erik Fyrwald to join Bunge board of directors
- 2018-12-07 Mauro Gómez Alvarado new country manager of Top Seeds Mexico
- 2018-12-07 Emirates SkyCargo: Fifth anniversary of Ecuador freight operations
- 2018-12-07 Metamorphosis of purchasing and sales organisation into direct partnerships from the source
- 2018-12-06 Sakata Seed opens commercial offices in Argentina
- 2018-12-06 Bosman Van Zaal on the move