- Head of Sales
- Sales/Business development Manager - Floriculture - Kunming, China
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
- France: "Local cultivation is more than the right postal code"
- Machine locates fruits and measures level of ripeness
- Farm identified as source of romaine lettuce E. coli O157:H7 outbreak
- Indoor farming topic of discussion after Dutch farm bankruptcy
- CAN (ON): Aquaponic cannabis grower expands with two new facilities
Top 5 -last week
- Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- 2018 Winter Light Greenhouse harvest: 122 kg cucumbers per square meter
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
Top 5 -last month
Finland is the partner country of the Green Week 2019
Dr Juha Marttila, president of the Central Union of Agricultural Producers and Forest Owners (MTK): “The International Green Week gives us a unique opportunity to present Finland as a country which combines food and drink innovation and technology with pure arctic nature and sustainable production methods. Finland aims to expand and increase its food and drink exports. In 2016 the most important export product groups were dairy products, alcoholic beverages, meat products, chocolate, other sweets and oats. The International Green Week provides us with an excellent opportunity to communicate the uniqueness of our products to German and international audiences and obtain feedback from a large number of consumers.“
Dr. Christian Göke, chief executive officer of Messe Berlin GmbH: “Finland’s participation represents the first time a Scandinavian country will be the partner country of the Green Week, where it will be the centre of attention from experts and many thousands of consumers. No other event offers a partner country such an efficient marketing platform for its regional specialities and food products. The Green Week is the place for trade and contacts, a test market for products and marketing strategies, and guarantees the partner country outstanding media attention and a huge audience. Finland’s agriculture will reap long-term benefits from the fair.”
Specialists in arctic agriculture
Finland specialises in arctic agriculture and has succeeded in breeding strains that thrive in the bright sunlight of cool summers. Thus, there is worldwide demand for Finnish oats due to their special quality and properties. Finland is currently one of the world’s largest producers and exporters of oats. Where cattle farming is concerned, Finland has made great efforts to ensure the protection of health and livestock.
Marttila: “In Finland, antibiotics are used only in livestock treatment, not as a precaution. Finnish dairy, egg and meat products are free from salmonella due to strict regulations. In Finland, every piglet keeps its tail and every hen and broiler its beak. Our food production methods set an example for the whole world.“
EU’s northernmost agricultural state
Finland is the EU’s northernmost agricultural state. Its farming areas extend from the 60th parallel in the country’s south to the lakelands of Central and Eastern Finland, and to the wilderness of Lapland above the Arctic Circle. Clean air, water and soil along with dark, cold winters and summers when the sun never sets make Finland a country of unique and pure flavours from the fields, stables, forests and lakes.
Finland’s food sector specialises in innovative food and drink products whose high quality can be attributed to the country’s clean water, air and soil. Finland is known as the ’Land of a Thousand Lakes’. However, 70 per cent of its land surface is covered in sustainably managed forests. These are a source of innovative and sustainable products as well as outstanding seasonal products from the wild, while acting as a carbon sink and offering excellent recreational opportunities.
EU Council presidency in the second half of 2019
“We want to present Finland as an attractive country where visitors will want to come to relax, simply enjoy the pristine tranquil countryside, the landscapes of the north, experience culinary delights and visit our cities. Finland will also take over the EU Council presidency in the second half of 2019“, Marttila added.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 New York Produce Show attracts good crowd
- 2018-12-14 Automation is key at the Fruit Logistica Innovation Award 2019
- 2018-12-12 International interest for HortiContact Tour 2019
- 2018-12-12 That is one hot girl... Woman wins Chinese chilli-eating contest
- 2018-12-06 Market explorations during ICOP 2018
- 2018-12-05 Netherlands: Preparations Mastercourse Vegetables in full swing
- 2018-12-05 “Don’t work together for subsidies but for a better future”
- 2018-12-05 EU organizes agri-food mission to United Arab Emirates
- 2018-12-05 The future of soil disinfestation in the European regulatory climate
- 2018-12-04 Photo report: GrowTech Eurasia 2018
- 2018-12-04 Fruit, Vegetables and Herbs Days at IPM Essen focus on young, urban target groups
- 2018-12-03 Photo report: GrowTech Eurasia 2018
- 2018-11-30 Last chance to register for MSU Extension Online Greenhouse Courses
- 2018-11-30 Final day to save 20% on Indoor Ag-Con Asia passes & exhibition tables
- 2018-11-30 Sneak peek: Third day of GrowTech Eurasia
- 2018-11-29 US (TX): “Get Plugged In” at AgGateway’s Annual Conference
- 2018-11-29 US (KY): Growers to gather at Fruit and Vegetable Conference
- 2018-11-29 Investments might be slow, but atmosphere's high in Turkish horticulture
- 2018-11-29 Greenhouse Technology Village at Macfrut: a fair within the fair
- 2018-11-29 "First more reservoir valves and then look further at water and drought"