- Head of Sales
- Sales/Business development Manager - Floriculture - Kunming, China
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
- France: "Local cultivation is more than the right postal code"
- Machine locates fruits and measures level of ripeness
- Farm identified as source of romaine lettuce E. coli O157:H7 outbreak
- Indoor farming topic of discussion after Dutch farm bankruptcy
- CAN (ON): Aquaponic cannabis grower expands with two new facilities
Top 5 -last week
- Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- 2018 Winter Light Greenhouse harvest: 122 kg cucumbers per square meter
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
Top 5 -last month
Smithers-Oasis promotes Riffey to general manager, grower operations
Bringing more than 30 years of experience to the position, Riffey has held the position of general manager, North America, Oasis Growers Solutions since 2015. In 2016 he was given additional responsibility for South America. Prior to joining Smithers-Oasis, Riffey held the positions of national sales and marketing manager at Pleasant View Gardens, Loudon, N.H., and vice president of sales and marketing, territory sales manager and customer service manager at Aris Horticulture Inc. (formerly Yoder Brothers), Barberton, Ohio.
In his new position, Riffey plans to leverage the existing locations of Smithers-Oasis to build local markets for Oasis Grower Solutions products. He also intends on developing the “Follow the Plants” strategy using technologies from Oasis Grower Solutions, Oasis Floral Products and Floralife post-harvest products to provide insurance through the horticulture supply chain globally.
“The promotion of Bill Riffey is part of our strategic plan that we are confident will significantly increase Oasis Grower Solutions and Floralife global sales,” said Jim Daly, vice president, global Floralife and Grower operations and corporate research.
Riffey earned his bachelor’s degree in ornamental horticulture from the University of Illinois and executive MBA from Kent State University.
Riffey resides in Akron, Ohio, with his wife, two children, two dogs and five cats. In his spare time, Riffey enjoys landscaping, vegetable gardening and remodeling his home.
For more information:
295 Water Street
Kent, OH 44240
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-18 Girò focuses on sustainability with resistant and recyclable packaging
- 2018-12-18 PB Techniek acquired horticultural section of Armada Electric Services
- 2018-12-18 Henry Friesen acquires 25% of JV Energy Solutions shares
- 2018-12-14 Spain: Mercabarna opens up to organic produce
- 2018-12-14 US hospital prescribes and supplies healthy food
- 2018-12-14 Changes in the Board of Enza Zaden
- 2018-12-13 Turkish producer of sticky traps becomes part of Biobest Group
- 2018-12-13 Vitacress announces new senior appointments
- 2018-12-13 Chinese e-commerce App just raised $100M
- 2018-12-13 United Fresh encourages quick passage of Farm Bill this week
- 2018-12-12 Argus appoints new Strategic Supply Chain Manager, Cindy Sonnenberg
- 2018-12-11 PlantResponse closes $6.9 million funding
- 2018-12-10 Chinese retailer closes chain with opening 'largest plant factory in China'
- 2018-12-10 Google to take Wing delivery drones to Europe in 2019
- 2018-12-07 J. Erik Fyrwald to join Bunge board of directors
- 2018-12-07 Mauro Gómez Alvarado new country manager of Top Seeds Mexico
- 2018-12-07 Emirates SkyCargo: Fifth anniversary of Ecuador freight operations
- 2018-12-07 Metamorphosis of purchasing and sales organisation into direct partnerships from the source
- 2018-12-06 Sakata Seed opens commercial offices in Argentina
- 2018-12-06 Bosman Van Zaal on the move