- Head of Sales
- Sales/Business development Manager - Floriculture - Kunming, China
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- 2018 Winter Light Greenhouse harvest: 122 kg cucumbers per square meter
- Cyclone Gaja tests resilience of coco industry
- US (MA): Lettuce grower reduces winter crop cycle by over 25% using LEDs
- 2019 trends - Naming babies after fruits and vegetables
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Fiji women learn hydroponic cultivation from Indonesian pioneer
"That's how I started this new hydroponics training course at the training centre this year," she said.
"I started in hydroponics five years ago in Indonesia when I learned that this was a very healthy way of planting vegetables because no pesticides are used.
"We started designing urban farming programs in Indonesia and now I'm very happy that a lot of people back home, who live in big houses, are doing their own farming at home because health is our number one concern right now," she said.
Ms Ambadar said they started by teaching the students at the centre to use old and recycled materials such as empty plastic bottles, buckets and discarded plastic pipes in developing their hydroponics farms.
Read more at The Fiji Times (Manasa Kalouniviti)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-03-30 Best practices for growing tomatoes yearly in a high tunnel
- 2018-03-29 "Radiant heat SON-T reaches deeper than convection heat LED"
- 2018-03-28 Ventilation and illuminated tomato cultivation
- 2018-03-27 Preventing chilling injury in basil
- 2018-03-26 Creating the climate needed to provide produce
- 2018-03-23 CAN (BC): BioPod paves way for greenhouse innovation
- 2018-03-22 How to size a greenhouse heating system
- 2018-03-20 Spain: Granada-based producers assess extent of flood damage
- 2018-03-19 NL: Exceptional weather good test case pepper trial 2SaveEnergyKas
- 2018-03-16 Turkish government distributes greenhouse nylon to growers
- 2018-03-15 "Less gas, more heat, this is the moment"
- 2018-03-14 New climate screen offers more light and lower energy costs
- 2018-03-13 Russia: Year-round vegetables under Polar conditions
- 2018-03-12 "The technology of cultivating on water is fascinating"
- 2018-03-09 Finland: Growing tomatoes with just five hours of daylight per day
- 2018-03-08 Improve plant growth controls with thermal imaging in greenhouses
- 2018-03-07 Fiji women learn hydroponic cultivation from Indonesian pioneer
- 2018-03-06 Farming on the moon
- 2018-03-05 Uganda: Orphans grow vegetables thanks to greenhouse
- 2018-03-02 NL: Daylight greenhouse (almost) completed