- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
- First bananas harvested from Dutch greenhouse
- Market scan: Japan's modern greenhouse industry
- "Better to have a larger pipe with a small pump than vice versa"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
You’ll be throwing out the most nutritious bits
Stop wasting time peeling your vegetables
"The skin has heaps of nutrition and if time is limited, let’s not add another step to that food preparation process."
The big bonus of eating unpeeled vegetables and fruit is the insoluble fibre they contain. "It helps bulk out our stools and makes going to the bathroom easier. It also helps reduce our absorption of cholesterol and keep us full for longer, which is important for energy levels and weight maintenance."
With the exception of onions, Chryssidis says there is hardly a vegetable that needs to be peeled; that goes for carrots, radishes and potatoes as well. He advises not to peel them: keep the nutrients, keep the fibre, save the time. Just give them a really good wash before you eat them.
As for pumpkin, Chryssidis tells coach.nine.com.au that the skin goes crunchy in the oven to add another texture to a dish. "It’s delicious and crispy.”
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Focusing on the health benefits of Micro Leaves
- 2018-12-14 The colour of healthy fruits and vegetables
- 2018-12-12 Floral holidays with edible roses
- 2018-12-10 The Christmas tree you can eat
- 2018-12-10 Mexico: First roma tomatoes shipped from new greenhouse
- 2018-12-10 Strange trend - watching people eating crunchy vegetables
- 2018-12-10 "The humble carrot is the only British native in the Christmas dinner"
- 2018-12-05 New plug and play devices deliver dissolved oxygen to plant roots
- 2018-12-03 Recognition of innovative product idea for design and functionality
- 2018-12-03 "Amblyseius-System becomes more eco-friendly"
- 2018-11-30 Rack Item Optimizer (RIO) awarded patent
- 2018-11-30 Anthocyanin: Purple pigment fights disease
- 2018-11-29 Relaunched online platform showcases water conservation tech
- 2018-11-29 "New tray with long legs offers strawberry growers the ideal plant height"
- 2018-11-28 "Offered in eight colors, new LEDs enable faster plant growth, greater crop yield"
- 2018-11-27 "New modular LED system offers flexibility and high performance"
- 2018-11-19 An innovative drip irrigation system by Irritec
- 2018-11-16 Panasonic designs blinders for people in the office
- 2018-11-12 Grape tomatoes, the new pasta ingredient?
- 2018-11-06 Koppert Cress introduces Sweet Peeper