- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
- "Every time we are surprised by the ideas of our clients"
- Digestate as alternative substrate for soil-less lettuce farming
- It’s possible to grow more cucumbers via AI
- Turkey: Tomato grower goes bananas
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Healthy households buy directly from growers
The researchers found that purchasing fruits and vegetables at a DTC outlet was positively associated with several healthy practices. For example, people buying fruits and vegetables directly from farmers were more likely to have a vegetable garden (45 versus 25 percent of non-DTC shoppers), to be aware of USDA’s MyPlate campaign to promote Federal dietary guidance, and to search the internet for information on healthy eating. Households that bought fruits and vegetables directly from farmers were also more likely to rate the healthfulness of their diets as excellent or very good.
This chart appears in the ERS report, The Relationship Between Patronizing Direct-to-Consumer Outlets and a Household’s Demand for Fruits and Vegetables, January 2018.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-03 How healthy are fresh fruits and vegetables actually?
- 2018-11-05 US (NJ): 144 schools offering fresh fruit and vegetable program
- 2018-10-31 Does current food production meet global nutritional needs?
- 2018-10-29 Researchers find possible anti-depressant properties in peppers
- 2018-10-26 Eggplant in top 10 antioxidant rich vegetables
- 2018-09-12 Tomatoes could hold the key for infertility problems
- 2018-09-07 ‘French Fries: No. 1 vegetable toddlers consume’
- 2018-09-06 US: Kansas church dinner - tomatoes and Salmonella
- 2018-09-05 New 'superfood' salad by Californian producer
- 2018-08-30 Urban food security in the context of inequality and dietary change
- 2018-08-29 Bees are becoming ‘addicted’ to pesticides blamed for killing them
- 2018-08-28 "Agriculture must battle chronic disease"
- 2018-08-21 Strawberries may help against inflammatory bowel disease
- 2018-08-17 Chemicals found in vegetables prevent colon cancer in mice
- 2018-08-17 Scurvy makes comeback in the West
- 2018-08-16 Fewer than 1 in 10 Australians eats enough vegetables
- 2018-08-10 US (IL): University researches health benefits of heirloom tomatoes
- 2018-08-09 Videogame-strategy used to get children eating more fruit and veggies
- 2018-08-09 Food Bank using 'veggie meter' to encourage healthy eating
- 2018-07-16 Allergy potential of strawberries and tomatoes depends on the variety