- Head of Sales
- Sales/Business development Manager - Floriculture - Kunming, China
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- 2018 Winter Light Greenhouse harvest: 122 kg cucumbers per square meter
- Cyclone Gaja tests resilience of coco industry
- US (MA): Lettuce grower reduces winter crop cycle by over 25% using LEDs
- 2019 trends - Naming babies after fruits and vegetables
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
South Africa: Margaret Roberts honored with seed bank
Symbolically, it also marked the official launch of a new phase in her legacy seed bank project.
The seed bank at the Margaret Roberts Herbal Centre in De Wildt is a repository of 1500 seeds representing South Africa’s indigenous food and medicinal plants.
Her daughter Sandy explained at an event at the centre on Saturday that the seed bank was germinated when her daughter (now a teenager) had been a toddler at the newly-formed Mountain Cambridge Pre-Primary School at Hartbeespoort, and Sandy and her mother would gather seeds for the children to plant in the school’s gardens.
But it was on a holiday visit to the Seychelles, where Roberts discovered that the island nation had a national seed bank to protect its plant diversity for the future, that the idea really grew.
Read more at Pretoria News (Val Boje)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 More than just passport data now available on Genesys
- 2018-12-14 "Exciting twist in the European handling of plant patentability"
- 2018-12-13 "Patent law is an inappropriate instrument for the EU agricultural sector"
- 2018-12-12 "We offer Australia’s growers something they haven’t been receiving from overseas suppliers"
- 2018-12-12 Testing and developing the tomato flavour model
- 2018-12-10 ‘The future for Egyptian berries is not all about strawberries’
- 2018-12-07 Turkey: "The future of cucumber looks bright"
- 2018-12-07 "The basics of plant breeding must remain free for further use by all breeders"
- 2018-12-07 Measuring the taste of a tomato with an iPhone
- 2018-12-04 UK: How breeding an outdoor tomato led to a tomato fight
- 2018-12-04 Bayer chooses GenoMAGIC platform to support advanced molecular breeding program
- 2018-12-03 Will the Limalexia replace the Elsanta?
- 2018-11-23 Space-inspired speed breeding for crop improvement
- 2018-11-20 Spain: Plants with greater resistance to drought and no impact on growth
- 2018-11-20 Australia: Applethorpe research facility bears fruit for farmers
- 2018-11-15 Researchers discover novel “to divide or to differentiate” switch in plants
- 2018-11-15 Bulgaria: Hybrid tomato varieties are becoming more important for small to medium growers
- 2018-11-13 Nature, health and fun come together in potted vegetable market
- 2018-11-13 US researchers discover genes that define a vegetable’s shape
- 2018-11-12 Researchers in Costa Rica create a tomato that is resistant to yellow leaf curl virus