- Head of Sales
- Sales/Business development Manager - Floriculture - Kunming, China
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- 2018 Winter Light Greenhouse harvest: 122 kg cucumbers per square meter
- Cyclone Gaja tests resilience of coco industry
- US (MA): Lettuce grower reduces winter crop cycle by over 25% using LEDs
- 2019 trends - Naming babies after fruits and vegetables
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US (HI): Aquaponics food safety debate resolved
The message came after a restaurant customer complained about an insect part traced to the farm's lettuce.
Following the complaint, the Department of Health decided to enforce a state rule against selling raw produce grown using water contaminated by animals.
Peter Oshiro, Environmental Health program manager, told Hawaii News Now it will repeal the outdated rule because research shows aquaponics produce is no more of a risk than produce grown in the soil.
Read more at Hawaii News Now (Mahealani Richardson)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-17 Farm identified as source of romaine lettuce E. coli O157:H7 outbreak
- 2018-12-11 "Number of recalls surprises me"
- 2018-12-11 Ukraine adopts law regulating food labelling
- 2018-12-11 Ultraviolet light could extend shelf life of food and reduce waste
- 2018-12-10 Punjab Food Safety dept tells traders: No stickers on fruits or vegetables
- 2018-12-07 How farmers markets can respond to the romaine lettuce scare
- 2018-12-05 Strawberry saga continues
- 2018-12-05 Romaine recall still troublesome for US restaurants
- 2018-12-04 Blockchain and what it has to do with Romaine Lettuce and food safety
- 2018-12-03 US: Yuma growers adopt safety labels for romaine lettuce
- 2018-11-28 Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak narrowed down to California
- 2018-11-27 Canadian test kit promises to identify E. coli-contaminated lettuce
- 2018-11-27 US: Law firm files first E coli lawsuit in romaine lettuce E coli outbreak
- 2018-11-23 New Zealand: 'All avenues exhausted'
- 2018-11-22 "Exempt indoor grown lettuce from romaine recall"
- 2018-11-22 "Danish fruit and vegetables cleaner than EU imports"
- 2018-11-21 "Situations like this remind us why traceability and transparency are so important in our food system"
- 2018-11-16 Trans-Tasman alliance to stamp out threats to national biosecurity
- 2018-11-15 "Arizona leafy green industry has gone to ‘unprecedented lengths’ following E.coli outbreak"
- 2018-11-15 Resistant germs: Can raw food and lettuce be health risks?