- Head of Sales
- Sales/Business development Manager - Floriculture - Kunming, China
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- 2018 Winter Light Greenhouse harvest: 122 kg cucumbers per square meter
- Cyclone Gaja tests resilience of coco industry
- US (MA): Lettuce grower reduces winter crop cycle by over 25% using LEDs
- 2019 trends - Naming babies after fruits and vegetables
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Because of price drops in Tamil Nadu:
Indian growers dumping their tomatoes in lakes
Dheiva Sigamani, State president of the Tamil Farmers Union: “Farmers in Rayakottai and Valappadi, which are the big tomato markets are dumping tomatoes into nearby lakes as they are unable to recover their harvesting costs.”
Thenewsminute.com gives the reason for the drastic drop in prices: too many farmers opted to grow tomatoes -a short season crop- due to limited water for irrigation. This resulted in a dip in prices due to excess supply.
Dheiva also stated that the farmers were not agitated or protesting, but were simply disposing of the fruit as otherwise it would start to rot.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Florida strawberries see strong early demand thanks to California weather
- 2018-12-14 “French farm sector review to be implemented early next year”
- 2018-12-14 "Mixed results greenhouse vegetables, phalaenopsis and lilies in crisis"
- 2018-12-14 Turkish tomato growers expect high demand in December from export markets
- 2018-12-14 Egypt: Nile Delta under threat from climate change
- 2018-12-14 2019 trends - Naming babies after fruits and vegetables
- 2018-12-14 Honduras: Authorities put obstacles in the path of veg exports
- 2018-12-14 Greenhouse acreage expanding faster in Morocco than in Spain
- 2018-12-14 "Politicians need to go and have a good look in the mirror at what they are doing"
- 2018-12-14 Vietnam: Seminar updates firms on Korean plant quarantine regulations
- 2018-12-13 New Zealand: Rising strawberry prices around Christmas 'unavoidable'
- 2018-12-13 Western Australian vegetable growers fear water licence fees
- 2018-12-13 US: Consumer horticulture proposal reviewers needed to impact how federal research dollars are spent
- 2018-12-13 Market scan: Japan's modern greenhouse industry
- 2018-12-13 US farmers hit by trade tariffs
- 2018-12-13 Microgreens provide budding Aussie businesses with fast-turnaround crops and ready market
- 2018-12-13 Westminster urged to promote fruit and vegetable sector
- 2018-12-13 Spain's minimum wage to jump 22% in new year
- 2018-12-13 Food bloggers weigh in on food trend realities
- 2018-12-13 Early winter storm challenges trucking in Southeastern U.S.