- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
- First bananas harvested from Dutch greenhouse
- Market scan: Japan's modern greenhouse industry
- "Better to have a larger pipe with a small pump than vice versa"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US (CT): Torrington warehouse turns into aquaponics farm
The regional community action agency plans to create an aquaponic farm and grow lettuce, basil, thyme and other herbs with the help of a local workforce.
Bill Rybczyk, director of research, development and planning, said the project has been in the works for more than five years, after the organization’s president and CEO, Dr. James Gatling, offered the idea.
The Connecticut Bond Commission awarded a $1 million loan to the nonprofit agency, allowing it to establish the project.
The agency intends to hire about 30 workers to staff the farm. It would provide an opportunity for people in need of work to step into an emerging field, Rybczyk said.
The timeline for getting the project off the ground is uncertain, but Rybczyk estimated they could begin growing vegetables soon after the start of 2019.
Read more at The Register Citizen (Ben Lambert)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-13 US (PA): School opens 6,100 sq.ft. public educational aquaponics facility
- 2018-12-12 France: Rooftop farm grows plants, vodka and fish
- 2018-12-12 AVF advertises vertical farming in Asia
- 2018-12-12 Canada: An update on aquaponic organic certification
- 2018-12-11 US (MN): Students grow their own veggies at home
- 2018-12-11 Greek students design autonomous aquaponics system
- 2018-12-11 Ship to Plate, food grown onboard cruise condo ships
- 2018-12-10 Saba to set up hydroponic farm
- 2018-12-10 US (CT): Recap of 2018 Hartford Aquaponic Tours
- 2018-12-07 146 million USD invested in indoor ag this year
- 2018-12-05 We have lift-off
- 2018-12-05 "Nigeria’s small farmers are embracing hydroponics"
- 2018-12-05 Belgian supermarket to introduce in-store vertical farms
- 2018-12-04 France: Agricool raises 28 million US dollars for urban farming
- 2018-12-04 Advancements in automated commercial scale vertical farming
- 2018-11-30 Is digging down the future of vertical farming?
- 2018-11-30 IKEA: Furniture, meatballs... and vertical farms?
- 2018-11-29 UK: James Hutton Institute welcomes Tay Cities Deal funding boost
- 2018-11-29 Dozens of cameras film food production on Antarctica
- 2018-11-29 US (MI): Freight farm to grow vegetables for Detroit homeless