- Head of Sales
- Sales/Business development Manager - Floriculture - Kunming, China
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
- France: "Local cultivation is more than the right postal code"
- Machine locates fruits and measures level of ripeness
- Farm identified as source of romaine lettuce E. coli O157:H7 outbreak
- Indoor farming topic of discussion after Dutch farm bankruptcy
- CAN (ON): Aquaponic cannabis grower expands with two new facilities
Top 5 -last week
- Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- 2018 Winter Light Greenhouse harvest: 122 kg cucumbers per square meter
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
Top 5 -last month
US (NV): Marapharm finalizes installations in Las Vegas
The installation of the HVAC equipment is underway. Marapharm is leveraging propane engines to produce chilled water for their HVAC needs. This system will allow precise control over both temperature and humidity, while reducing reliance on electricity supplied by the grid. Components of the heat exchangers, manufactured in Italy, caused a minor delay and have now been shipped.
During a review and audit of the emergency power and back-up procedures, it was determined that an on-site, backup power generation scenario was needed. Marapharm opted for automatic transfer switch gear, this will allow power to be automatically restored, at full capacity, in the event of a power interruption. The equipment has a 10-week lead time for manufacturing.
The company has focused its cultivation efforts on using all Organic Material Review Institute (OMRI) inputs. This allows them to partner with several certification providers that follow the National Organics Program protocol.
As previously announced on December 21, 2017, the company selected American Buildings Company to manufacture the third facility. The order has been placed on hold while engineers review and evaluate the load bearing capacity of the second and third stories, due to cultivation requirements.
State mandates for the final inspection and occupancy permitting have required supplementary construction which has extended the completion schedule by approximately 12 weeks. Security and safety features, including a reinforced room to house the extraction equipment, have been installed per state and local requirements.
“Thank you to all of the shareholders who have been supportive during the construction process, the unforeseen challenges and state compliance. The Company, during its vigorous growth, has successfully navigated its way through this highly regulated sector.” Linda Sampson, CEO.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-18 Jamaican cannabis facility gears up for expansion
- 2018-12-18 "Efficiency is key in medicinal cannabis cultivation"
- 2018-12-17 "Marijuana ban will stay in UN treaties"
- 2018-12-14 How Lesotho is cashing in on marijuana
- 2018-12-14 Italian CBD greenhouse ready for 2019 growing season
- 2018-12-13 CAN (ON): JWC continues large scale expansion at second facility
- 2018-12-13 UK: BBC's Countryfile visits cannabis grower
- 2018-12-13 US: "Significant demand for both greenhouse-grown and outdoor-grown hemp"
- 2018-12-12 CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
- 2018-12-11 New Zealand passes medical marijuana bill
- 2018-12-10 Altria invests 1.8 billion USD in Cronos
- 2018-12-06 Hemp: A new crop for you?
- 2018-12-05 Canadian cannabis company enters Asia-Pacific market with Australian acquisition
- 2018-12-05 "California cannabis lab director caught faking pesticide tests"
- 2018-12-04 South Africa: Cannabis trade not yet legalized, but cultivation is booming
- 2018-12-03 The importance of Daily Light Integral (DLI) for indoor cannabis cultivation
- 2018-11-30 Luxembourg set to legalize recreational cannabis
- 2018-11-30 US (OH): Credit union to offer banking services to MMJ businesses
- 2018-11-30 Canadian cannabis shipped to Czech Republic
- 2018-11-29 Wayland Group enters United Kingdom with Theros Pharma acquisition