- Head of Sales
- Sales/Business development Manager - Floriculture - Kunming, China
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- 2018 Winter Light Greenhouse harvest: 122 kg cucumbers per square meter
- Cyclone Gaja tests resilience of coco industry
- US (MA): Lettuce grower reduces winter crop cycle by over 25% using LEDs
- 2019 trends - Naming babies after fruits and vegetables
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
IoF2020 looks back on first decade
Much of previous efforts culminate in the event gathering more than 200 stakeholders from the agri-food value chain, including farmers, technology providers, high-level policy-makers and renowned academics. Besides creating synergies between those stakeholders and informing about the status quo and the future of digital agriculture in Europe, the event will provide the opportunity to shape the €5 million IoF2020 Open Call. The latter will be launched in the second half of 2018 and is supposed to further push the boundaries of technologies applied to agriculture. The open call is organized as a workshop and gives new partners the possibility to join our consortium in order to help to identify additional areas for application and develop new regions to increase the impact of the project. Since knowledge exchange is an important aspect of our use-cases, IoF2020 are fervently looking forward to the participants’ ideas and contributions to bring the project to the next level. You can follow all activities via the livestream.
IoF2020 implements 19 use-cases across 5 thematic trials: arable crop, dairy, meat, vegetables and fruits. The first results and some challenges those use-cases had to overcome are going to be presented throughout the stakeholder event.
The event will also give the opportunity to experience the applied technologies first-hand by showcasing ICT-solutions in one of the use-cases: The tomato greenhouses.
Upon illustrating the achievements of the first year, sensors have been installed in fields to help farmers manage their crops with greater precision, and knowledge gathered from soy cultivation is transferred into other agronomic fields, such as potato farming. Decision support tools strongly rely on farmers’ inputs to develop an efficient system in connection to current farming practices, which will be among the many objectives for the current year.
At present the IoF2020 consortium represents more than 70 partners from 14 EU countries.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 New York Produce Show attracts good crowd
- 2018-12-14 Automation is key at the Fruit Logistica Innovation Award 2019
- 2018-12-12 International interest for HortiContact Tour 2019
- 2018-12-12 That is one hot girl... Woman wins Chinese chilli-eating contest
- 2018-12-06 Market explorations during ICOP 2018
- 2018-12-05 Netherlands: Preparations Mastercourse Vegetables in full swing
- 2018-12-05 “Don’t work together for subsidies but for a better future”
- 2018-12-05 EU organizes agri-food mission to United Arab Emirates
- 2018-12-05 The future of soil disinfestation in the European regulatory climate
- 2018-12-04 Photo report: GrowTech Eurasia 2018
- 2018-12-04 Fruit, Vegetables and Herbs Days at IPM Essen focus on young, urban target groups
- 2018-12-03 Photo report: GrowTech Eurasia 2018
- 2018-11-30 Last chance to register for MSU Extension Online Greenhouse Courses
- 2018-11-30 Final day to save 20% on Indoor Ag-Con Asia passes & exhibition tables
- 2018-11-30 Sneak peek: Third day of GrowTech Eurasia
- 2018-11-29 US (TX): “Get Plugged In” at AgGateway’s Annual Conference
- 2018-11-29 US (KY): Growers to gather at Fruit and Vegetable Conference
- 2018-11-29 Investments might be slow, but atmosphere's high in Turkish horticulture
- 2018-11-29 Greenhouse Technology Village at Macfrut: a fair within the fair
- 2018-11-29 "First more reservoir valves and then look further at water and drought"