- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
- First bananas harvested from Dutch greenhouse
- Market scan: Japan's modern greenhouse industry
- "Better to have a larger pipe with a small pump than vice versa"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
EU creates task force to develop agriculture in Africa
The first step in the creation of the Task Force Rural Africa (TFRA) is the call for applications for the selection of members, which will run until 23 March 2018. The group will consist of 11 members, all of whom should be experts with high level expertise and experience in agriculture, agri-business or agroindustry, trade, development policy or migration-related issues and with first-hand knowledge of the agri-food sector in Africa. They will all be appointed in a personal capacity, and will act independently and in the public interest.
Meeting four to six times in Brussels over the course of the next year, the TFRA’s role will be to provide advice on how to build upon existing cooperation structures between the EU and Africa in the broad area of food and farming in order to accelerate the sustainable development of the sector in Africa. It will also look at how the knowledge and know-how gained from European agriculture and rural development policies can be used to develop employment opportunities and revenue-generating activities in African rural areas. There will also be a specific focus on how to better support young people in the agri-food sector in Africa.
The TRFA’s work will build on the political commitments already made between the EU and the African Union, notably at the AU-EU Summit of 29-30 November 2017. The group’s findings and recommendations will be published in January 2019, and will be submitted as part of the wider Joint Africa EU Strategy (JAES).
The Commission Communication on the Future of Food and Farming from November 2017 emphasises that "the future CAP must play a larger role in implementing the outcome of the Valetta Summit, addressing the root causes of migration". It highlights in particular the importance of knowledge transfer to regions of origin, most notably Africa, through sharing of good practices and enhancing strategic policy cooperation and dialogue with the AU on issues related to agriculture, agri-food economy and rural development.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Florida strawberries see strong early demand thanks to California weather
- 2018-12-14 “French farm sector review to be implemented early next year”
- 2018-12-14 "Mixed results greenhouse vegetables, phalaenopsis and lilies in crisis"
- 2018-12-14 Turkish tomato growers expect high demand in December from export markets
- 2018-12-14 Egypt: Nile Delta under threat from climate change
- 2018-12-14 2019 trends - Naming babies after fruits and vegetables
- 2018-12-14 Honduras: Authorities put obstacles in the path of veg exports
- 2018-12-14 Greenhouse acreage expanding faster in Morocco than in Spain
- 2018-12-14 "Politicians need to go and have a good look in the mirror at what they are doing"
- 2018-12-14 Vietnam: Seminar updates firms on Korean plant quarantine regulations
- 2018-12-13 New Zealand: Rising strawberry prices around Christmas 'unavoidable'
- 2018-12-13 Western Australian vegetable growers fear water licence fees
- 2018-12-13 US: Consumer horticulture proposal reviewers needed to impact how federal research dollars are spent
- 2018-12-13 Market scan: Japan's modern greenhouse industry
- 2018-12-13 US farmers hit by trade tariffs
- 2018-12-13 Microgreens provide budding Aussie businesses with fast-turnaround crops and ready market
- 2018-12-13 Westminster urged to promote fruit and vegetable sector
- 2018-12-13 Spain's minimum wage to jump 22% in new year
- 2018-12-13 Food bloggers weigh in on food trend realities
- 2018-12-13 Early winter storm challenges trucking in Southeastern U.S.