- Head of Sales
- Sales/Business development Manager - Floriculture - Kunming, China
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
- France: "Local cultivation is more than the right postal code"
- Machine locates fruits and measures level of ripeness
- Farm identified as source of romaine lettuce E. coli O157:H7 outbreak
- Indoor farming topic of discussion after Dutch farm bankruptcy
- CAN (ON): Aquaponic cannabis grower expands with two new facilities
Top 5 -last week
- Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- 2018 Winter Light Greenhouse harvest: 122 kg cucumbers per square meter
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
Top 5 -last month
CAN (ON): Packaging partnership ensures year-round fresh produce
“IFCO is a valuable partner,” said Jason Veno, Packaging Operations Manager for Pure Flavor. “Not only do they provide us with ‘smart packaging’ that protects and cools our products extremely well, they maximize our operational efficiency by ensuring we have an adequate supply of RPCs year-round, even during peak growing seasons. That predictability means we can continue to serve our customers and their shoppers efficiently, effectively and on time”, said Veno.
IFCO now provides Pure Flavor with over one million RPCs annually. They are used to package fresh produce at locations in San Antonio, Texas, Romulus, Michigan, and Leamington, Ontario, and are then shipped to retailers throughout the U.S. and Canada.
“IFCO’s partnership with Pure Flavor is based on thoughtful collaboration and the shared goal of providing consumers with a constant supply of high quality, safe, nutritious and affordable produce each- and every- day,” said Daniel Walsh, President, IFCO North America. “Our RPCs are tailor-made for growers like Pure Flavor that want the best possible efficiency and sustainability for their packaging, and we are proud to work side-by-side with such a visionary company. We are also proud of our presence and expansion in the Canadian marketplace, as well as the supporting infrastructure we have established there to better serve our many Canadian customers.”
IFCO and Pure Flavor have developed a forecasting model that tracks the company’s produce orders and growing seasons and ensures on-time delivery of the right number and type of RPCs throughout the year. In addition, some RPCs are stored on-site, providing the Pure Flavor operations group with greater flexibility to manage its product flow.
Ongoing collaboration between Pure Flavor and IFCO will continue to optimize supply chain operations, as well as reduce the companies’ environmental footprint in the months and years ahead.
IFCO and Pure Flavor will be exhibiting at the upcoming Southern Exposure Convention & Trade Show in Tampa, FL on March 3rd. IFCO will be located at Booth #120. Pure Flavor will be located at Booth #605. Retail partners are encouraged to stop by the Pure Flavor booth to learn more about the company’s greenhouse vegetable products as well as the expansion to Georgia with a new 75-acre high tech greenhouse facility.
For more information:
P.O. Box 607, Leamington, Ontario, N8H3X4
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 "Wooden packaging can already replace any other material"
- 2018-12-10 British greengrocers: "Backlash against plastic has sparked trade boom"
- 2018-12-10 Baby bell pepper gets new sustainable packaging
- 2018-12-07 AU: The compostable berry containers helping tackle the war on plastic
- 2018-12-07 Less plastic, more pre-cut produce?
- 2018-12-07 Italy: Festive packaging for the Fellini Patrizio company
- 2018-12-04 Protection of our environment by packaging law
- 2018-12-03 Spain: Environmentally-friendly plastic made from horticultural waste
- 2018-11-29 Invention of a 100% green and recyclable packaging
- 2018-11-28 ‘Plastics Action Alliance’ to make Irish plastic packaging more sustainable
- 2018-11-26 "There is clearly a trend towards degradable packaging"
- 2018-11-23 "Increasing demand for beautiful and luxurious packaging in the vegetable sector"
- 2018-11-21 Mini cherry vine tomatoes at Penny in new Best Moments packaging
- 2018-11-19 Mini cherry vine tomatoes at Penny in new Best Moments packaging
- 2018-11-13 E-commerce platform JD - reusable packaging initiative
- 2018-11-09 'Premium berries should be offered in appropriate convenience packaging'
- 2018-10-24 HUSK™: The Fresh corrugated packaging of the future
- 2018-10-24 Canada: Smart packaging can reduce food safety incidents
- 2018-10-22 California greens grower debuting new packaging innovation
- 2018-10-19 New line of single serving specialty pepper bags