- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
- First bananas harvested from Dutch greenhouse
- Market scan: Japan's modern greenhouse industry
- "Better to have a larger pipe with a small pump than vice versa"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Philippines: Lettuce grower lets customers pick their own
Under the offer, customers are allowed to go around the farm, pick locally-grown lettuce themselves, and pay for their harvest.
Romaine Organics is owned by the Ganiron family, whose farm is located in Barangay Ben-agan, Batac City. The company is being run by John Lei and his father Romeo, both multi-awarded farmer-entrepreneurs in the locality.
According to John Lei, who is farm management supervisor of Romaine Organics, the price of their organic and hydroponic lettuce is currently pegged at PHP250 per kg.
Adjacent to their residence in Ben-agan village is a showcase of auto-switched hydroponic lettuce that can be harvested at the Ganirons’ 10-meter by 8-meter greenhouse.
Read more at Northbound Philippines News Online (Leilanie Adriano)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 "The last planting got a boost this year"
- 2018-12-14 Ireland: Christmas campaign warns retailers against discounting fresh produce
- 2018-12-13 CAN (SK): Herb grower talks about switch to marijuana
- 2018-12-13 The greenhouse that never should have been
- 2018-12-13 Nothing is wasted in this greenhouse restaurant
- 2018-12-13 US: English teacher returned from Korea to grow microgreens
- 2018-12-13 “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
- 2018-12-12 US (FL): Two UF/IFAS researchers inducted into AAAS
- 2018-12-12 Greenhouse farming offers lifeline for Zimbabwe’s unemployed
- 2018-12-12 US: From food safety training to audit day
- 2018-12-11 US: Sustainability grants available to small farms
- 2018-12-11 "Switching in one go was the right choice"
- 2018-12-10 Australia: Granite Belt grower group formed
- 2018-12-10 CAN (ON): Suntech says no to cannabis
- 2018-12-10 Israel: All about cost-efficiency in growing habanero peppers
- 2018-12-10 Syrian refugees harvest greenhouse vegetables in Turkey
- 2018-12-10 Strawberry growers unite to thank Australia
- 2018-12-07 Organic Grower Summit announces Grower of the Year award recipient
- 2018-12-07 "It became time to follow my dream
- 2018-12-06 Alberta greenhouse grower ready for the long cold winter