- Head of Sales
- Sales/Business development Manager - Floriculture - Kunming, China
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
- France: "Local cultivation is more than the right postal code"
- Machine locates fruits and measures level of ripeness
- Farm identified as source of romaine lettuce E. coli O157:H7 outbreak
- Indoor farming topic of discussion after Dutch farm bankruptcy
- CAN (ON): Aquaponic cannabis grower expands with two new facilities
Top 5 -last week
- Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- 2018 Winter Light Greenhouse harvest: 122 kg cucumbers per square meter
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
Top 5 -last month
New Zealand: Herb grower continues to expand
They threw themselves into the challenge – bought a two hectare block of kiwifruit in Riwaka, found a book on hydroponics in Blackmore's bookshop and learned how to build a commercial hydroponic system for growing plants. They built a 375sqm greenhouse and sold their first herbs in September 1996.
Initially it was just Don and Yoka for the first year. In 1997 they added an extension and took on their first employee. They expanded again in 1998, then in 2000 a new packhouse and chiller were added.
During the early days they received business advice from good friend Bryce Gilchrist, who has a finance and corporate background. Later Bryce joined the business becoming a 50 per cent owner and now runs the business with Don.
A new state of the art 1400sqm greenhouse was completed in 2017. This will keep them busy for another year or so, then they'll be looking to further expand.
Read more at Nelson Mail
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-18 The secret to good crop rotation? Ghostbusters!
- 2018-12-18 China's pioneer in greenhouse vegetable farming
- 2018-12-18 "No guts, no glory"
- 2018-12-17 UK Government highlights horticultural innovations
- 2018-12-17 Meet the Nigerian farmer who grows crops in the air
- 2018-12-17 France: "Local cultivation is more than the right postal code"
- 2018-12-14 Ireland: Christmas campaign warns retailers against discounting fresh produce
- 2018-12-14 "The last planting got a boost this year"
- 2018-12-13 The greenhouse that never should have been
- 2018-12-13 Nothing is wasted in this greenhouse restaurant
- 2018-12-13 CAN (SK): Herb grower talks about switch to marijuana
- 2018-12-13 US: English teacher returned from Korea to grow microgreens
- 2018-12-13 “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
- 2018-12-12 US (FL): Two UF/IFAS researchers inducted into AAAS
- 2018-12-12 Greenhouse farming offers lifeline for Zimbabwe’s unemployed
- 2018-12-12 US: From food safety training to audit day
- 2018-12-11 US: Sustainability grants available to small farms
- 2018-12-11 "Switching in one go was the right choice"
- 2018-12-10 Australia: Granite Belt grower group formed
- 2018-12-10 CAN (ON): Suntech says no to cannabis