- Head of Sales
- Sales/Business development Manager - Floriculture - Kunming, China
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
- France: "Local cultivation is more than the right postal code"
- Machine locates fruits and measures level of ripeness
- Farm identified as source of romaine lettuce E. coli O157:H7 outbreak
- Indoor farming topic of discussion after Dutch farm bankruptcy
- CAN (ON): Aquaponic cannabis grower expands with two new facilities
Top 5 -last week
- Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- 2018 Winter Light Greenhouse harvest: 122 kg cucumbers per square meter
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
Top 5 -last month
Svalbard Global Seed Vault to get 10 million euro upgrade
"The upgrades, which we hope to begin presently, will ensure that the Svalbard Global Seed Vault can continue to offer the world's gene banks a secure storage space in the future. It is a great and important task to safeguard all the genetic material that is crucial to global food security," Norway's Minister of Agriculture and Food Jon Georg Dale said.
Statsbygg has prepared a feasibility study, commissioned by the Ministry of Agriculture and Food. The project includes the construction of a new, concrete-built access tunnel, as well as a service building to house emergency power and refrigerating units and other electrical equipment that emits heat through the tunnel.
"In 2017 the important role of the seed vault was made evident. For the first time seeds were redeposited at the seed vault on Svalbard. The ICARDA International Research Center, previously operating out of Aleppo in Syria, returned seeds harvested after they had retrieved their seeds from Svalbard in 2015. This demonstrates that the seed vault is a worldwide insurance for food supply for future generations," Jon Georg Dale says.
Deep inside a mountain on a remote island in the Svalbard archipelago, halfway between mainland Norway and the North Pole, lies the Global Seed Vault. It is a long-term seed storage facility, built to stand the test of time — and the challenge of natural or man-made disasters. The Seed Vault represents the world’s largest collection of crop diversity. Credit: Matthias Heyde
The parties that finance and operate Svalbard Global Seed Vault are the Ministry of Agriculture and Food, the Global Crop Diversity Trust and the Nordic Genetic Resource Center (NordGen).
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-17 INnovations in plant Variety Testing in Europe project gets Horizon 2020 funding
- 2018-12-17 US (GA): Scientists aim to breed better tomatoes one bite at a time
- 2018-12-14 More than just passport data now available on Genesys
- 2018-12-14 "Exciting twist in the European handling of plant patentability"
- 2018-12-13 "Patent law is an inappropriate instrument for the EU agricultural sector"
- 2018-12-12 "We offer Australia’s growers something they haven’t been receiving from overseas suppliers"
- 2018-12-12 Testing and developing the tomato flavour model
- 2018-12-10 ‘The future for Egyptian berries is not all about strawberries’
- 2018-12-07 Turkey: "The future of cucumber looks bright"
- 2018-12-07 "The basics of plant breeding must remain free for further use by all breeders"
- 2018-12-07 Measuring the taste of a tomato with an iPhone
- 2018-12-04 UK: How breeding an outdoor tomato led to a tomato fight
- 2018-12-04 Bayer chooses GenoMAGIC platform to support advanced molecular breeding program
- 2018-12-03 Will the Limalexia replace the Elsanta?
- 2018-11-23 Space-inspired speed breeding for crop improvement
- 2018-11-20 Spain: Plants with greater resistance to drought and no impact on growth
- 2018-11-20 Australia: Applethorpe research facility bears fruit for farmers
- 2018-11-15 Researchers discover novel “to divide or to differentiate” switch in plants
- 2018-11-15 Bulgaria: Hybrid tomato varieties are becoming more important for small to medium growers
- 2018-11-13 Nature, health and fun come together in potted vegetable market