- Head of Sales
- Sales/Business development Manager - Floriculture - Kunming, China
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
- France: "Local cultivation is more than the right postal code"
- Machine locates fruits and measures level of ripeness
- Farm identified as source of romaine lettuce E. coli O157:H7 outbreak
- Indoor farming topic of discussion after Dutch farm bankruptcy
- CAN (ON): Aquaponic cannabis grower expands with two new facilities
Top 5 -last week
- Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- 2018 Winter Light Greenhouse harvest: 122 kg cucumbers per square meter
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
Top 5 -last month
CAN (ON): OFA hosts event on economic development priorities
OFA’s election campaign – Producing Prosperity in Ontario – is encouraging greater investment in Ontario’s agri-food sector and rural communities to deliver economic growth and prosperity for all Ontarians.
“Ontario’s agri-food sector is an economic powerhouse for the province, and we are encouraging the government to make greater investments in agri-food and rural communities as a sustainable and effective way to deliver growth and prosperity for all Ontarians,” says OFA President Keith Currie. “We have a strong collective voice on this position, announcing our partnership here today with organizations that represent the interests of Ontario businesses and communities in rural and urban areas across the province as part of our Producing Prosperity in Ontario election campaign.”
Rocco Rossi, President and CEO of the Ontario Chamber of Commerce reiterated that “only bold action and leadership can strengthen Ontario’s position in the global economy. Ontario must leverage its existing strengths for a long-term vision for prosperity for the province,” says Rossi.
Eastern and Western Wardens’ Caucuses represent more than 400 communities across the province that need greater access to infrastructure investments for broadband, affordable energy, transportation, as well as education and medical facilities. “The role of the province is to help our rural communities invest in improving social and economic conditions to ensure our communities have the services and support they need to grow,” says Robin Jones, chair of the Eastern Ontario Wardens’ Caucus.
“We fully support OFA’s initiative to focus on new investments in rural communities that will assist existing businesses, attract new companies, and boost opportunities for residents and regional economic development,” says Gerry Marshall, chair of the Western Ontario Wardens’ Caucus.
The partnership announced in support of OFA’s Producing Prosperity in Ontario campaign demonstrates the collective support that exists across the province to secure future investments for Ontario that benefit urban and rural areas. “We believe that spreading the investment dollars around the province is the solution to ongoing challenges that face rural and urban communities, and hold the promise of improving the quality of life for all Ontarians,” says Currie.
For more information:
Ontario Federation of Agriculture
100 Stone Road West, Suite 206
Guelph, ON N1G 5L3
Local: (519) 821-8883
Toll-Free: 1 (800) 668-3276
Fax: (519) 821-8810
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 New York Produce Show attracts good crowd
- 2018-12-14 Automation is key at the Fruit Logistica Innovation Award 2019
- 2018-12-12 International interest for HortiContact Tour 2019
- 2018-12-12 That is one hot girl... Woman wins Chinese chilli-eating contest
- 2018-12-06 Market explorations during ICOP 2018
- 2018-12-05 Netherlands: Preparations Mastercourse Vegetables in full swing
- 2018-12-05 “Don’t work together for subsidies but for a better future”
- 2018-12-05 EU organizes agri-food mission to United Arab Emirates
- 2018-12-05 The future of soil disinfestation in the European regulatory climate
- 2018-12-04 Photo report: GrowTech Eurasia 2018
- 2018-12-04 Fruit, Vegetables and Herbs Days at IPM Essen focus on young, urban target groups
- 2018-12-03 Photo report: GrowTech Eurasia 2018
- 2018-11-30 Last chance to register for MSU Extension Online Greenhouse Courses
- 2018-11-30 Final day to save 20% on Indoor Ag-Con Asia passes & exhibition tables
- 2018-11-30 Sneak peek: Third day of GrowTech Eurasia
- 2018-11-29 US (TX): “Get Plugged In” at AgGateway’s Annual Conference
- 2018-11-29 US (KY): Growers to gather at Fruit and Vegetable Conference
- 2018-11-29 Investments might be slow, but atmosphere's high in Turkish horticulture
- 2018-11-29 Greenhouse Technology Village at Macfrut: a fair within the fair
- 2018-11-29 "First more reservoir valves and then look further at water and drought"