- Head of Sales
- Sales/Business development Manager - Floriculture - Kunming, China
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- 2018 Winter Light Greenhouse harvest: 122 kg cucumbers per square meter
- Cyclone Gaja tests resilience of coco industry
- US (MA): Lettuce grower reduces winter crop cycle by over 25% using LEDs
- 2019 trends - Naming babies after fruits and vegetables
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US (FL): Growing vertically since 1994
Trays of lettuce, broccoli, spinach, rosemary, and three types of mint seedlings float in an orange kiddie pool filled with water and dotted with pink, blue, and green cartoon mermaids behind Francis Marion Military Academy.
A few feet away, pairs of students in matching black shirts and tan cargo pants dump blocks of coco fiber into round blue storage tubs. As water is added to the tubs, students massage the blocks, made from coconut husks, until they resemble fluffy dark-brown soil. This process is called rehydration, which prepares the fiber to be placed into a VertiGro hydroponic growing system that promises greater yields in less time with fewer resources.
Tim Carpenter said he developed and patented VertiGro in 1994 after he realized he could not make money using old hydroponic methods. Now, the system of stackable pots is used in schools, prisons, small farms, gardens and Caribbean islands.
Read more at the Ocala Star-Banner (Katie Pohlman)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-17 US: Take a peek inside one of the country's biggest aquaponics academies
- 2018-12-17 CAN (ON): Aquaponic cannabis grower expands with two new facilities
- 2018-12-17 US: Blue Stream Farms receives grant
- 2018-12-13 US (PA): School opens 6,100 sq.ft. public educational aquaponics facility
- 2018-12-12 France: Rooftop farm grows plants, vodka and fish
- 2018-12-12 AVF advertises vertical farming in Asia
- 2018-12-12 Canada: An update on aquaponic organic certification
- 2018-12-11 US (MN): Students grow their own veggies at home
- 2018-12-11 Greek students design autonomous aquaponics system
- 2018-12-11 Ship to Plate, food grown onboard cruise condo ships
- 2018-12-10 Saba to set up hydroponic farm
- 2018-12-10 US (CT): Recap of 2018 Hartford Aquaponic Tours
- 2018-12-07 146 million USD invested in indoor ag this year
- 2018-12-05 We have lift-off
- 2018-12-05 "Nigeria’s small farmers are embracing hydroponics"
- 2018-12-05 Belgian supermarket to introduce in-store vertical farms
- 2018-12-04 France: Agricool raises 28 million US dollars for urban farming
- 2018-12-04 Advancements in automated commercial scale vertical farming
- 2018-11-30 Is digging down the future of vertical farming?
- 2018-11-30 IKEA: Furniture, meatballs... and vertical farms?