- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
- "Every time we are surprised by the ideas of our clients"
- Digestate as alternative substrate for soil-less lettuce farming
- It’s possible to grow more cucumbers via AI
- Turkey: Tomato grower goes bananas
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
"Good choices of veggies mean nothing if you still drink or smoke"
Fuelled by an alarming survey released two years ago revealing some prepackaged organic veggies as also contaminated, it looks like the health conscious are left with no choice but to grow food in their own backyard.
Easier said than done, that is probably the best and most ideal solution to food hazards, said anti-ageing specialist Dr Thidakarn Rujipattanakul.
But, he also concluded, “We’d better pay attention to the whole picture. [...] You worry about contaminated vegetables but you eat a lot of processed food like ham and bacon, have zero exercise and not enough sleep. That’s useless. Do not just put your focus on vegetables. All elements for good health must be properly practised. Good choices of veggies mean nothing if you still drink or smoke.”
Read more at the Bangkok Post (Arusa Pisuthipan)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-03 How healthy are fresh fruits and vegetables actually?
- 2018-11-05 US (NJ): 144 schools offering fresh fruit and vegetable program
- 2018-10-31 Does current food production meet global nutritional needs?
- 2018-10-29 Researchers find possible anti-depressant properties in peppers
- 2018-10-26 Eggplant in top 10 antioxidant rich vegetables
- 2018-09-12 Tomatoes could hold the key for infertility problems
- 2018-09-07 ‘French Fries: No. 1 vegetable toddlers consume’
- 2018-09-06 US: Kansas church dinner - tomatoes and Salmonella
- 2018-09-05 New 'superfood' salad by Californian producer
- 2018-08-30 Urban food security in the context of inequality and dietary change
- 2018-08-29 Bees are becoming ‘addicted’ to pesticides blamed for killing them
- 2018-08-28 "Agriculture must battle chronic disease"
- 2018-08-21 Strawberries may help against inflammatory bowel disease
- 2018-08-17 Chemicals found in vegetables prevent colon cancer in mice
- 2018-08-17 Scurvy makes comeback in the West
- 2018-08-16 Fewer than 1 in 10 Australians eats enough vegetables
- 2018-08-10 US (IL): University researches health benefits of heirloom tomatoes
- 2018-08-09 Videogame-strategy used to get children eating more fruit and veggies
- 2018-08-09 Food Bank using 'veggie meter' to encourage healthy eating
- 2018-07-16 Allergy potential of strawberries and tomatoes depends on the variety