- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
- First bananas harvested from Dutch greenhouse
- Market scan: Japan's modern greenhouse industry
- "Better to have a larger pipe with a small pump than vice versa"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
on track to over 5.6 million sq. ft. domestic growing space
Canopy Growth obtains license for first mega-scale BC facility
The rapid licensing of the Aldergrove site, the largest federally licensed cannabis site anywhere in the world, covers over 400,000 sq. ft. of growing space, allowing vegetative growth so that the mature plants can be spread into the full 1.3 million sq. ft. in the coming months for flowering and ultimate harvest.
In only a few short months the site was renovated with lighting, shade systems, security, and automated systems to meet the rigorous standards of both the ACMPR and Canopy Growth. Over the weekend, the site received the largest single shipment of cannabis clones in the company's history, with over 100,000 live cannabis clones flying high from the Tweed Smiths Falls Campus to their new home in British Columbia.
"Our team has made monumental and often historic progress in the retail landscape of every Canadian province to have announced its system to date. We are the only producer in Canada who can make this claim and we will continue to leverage our production platform in order to solidify a truly national presence for our cannabis brands," said Mark Zekulin, President, Canopy Growth. "A cultivation license for our first BC Tweed site positions us to continue this trend as Canada's, and indeed the world's largest, most reliable and most diversified producer and seller of high quality regulated cannabis."
"As proud native British Columbians and long-time horticulture producers we are excited to continue the proud tradition of BC bud on a national scale," said Victor Krahn, who runs operations for BC Tweed. "Working with Canopy Growth we're going to take the Tweed brand to the next level on the West Coast and bring the best our province has to offer to the country and the world."
With the Aldergrove, BC site now into the production stage, BC Tweed's focus will turn to its second BC site, a 1.7 million sq. ft. greenhouse, with work already well under way. With this expansion, Canopy Growth is on track to have over 5.6 million sq. ft. of domestic growing space.
Management consulted IIROC and made the decision to halt trading of Canopy Growth common shares on the TSX on Friday, Feb 16th at approximately 4:20 pm ET when it learned that it had been issued the licence because it represented a material change in the company's production capacity.
For more information:
1 Hershey Dr.
Smiths Falls, Ontario
1 855 558 9333 x 122
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 How Lesotho is cashing in on marijuana
- 2018-12-14 Italian CBD greenhouse ready for 2019 growing season
- 2018-12-13 CAN (ON): JWC continues large scale expansion at second facility
- 2018-12-13 UK: BBC's Countryfile visits cannabis grower
- 2018-12-13 US: "Significant demand for both greenhouse-grown and outdoor-grown hemp"
- 2018-12-12 CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
- 2018-12-11 New Zealand passes medical marijuana bill
- 2018-12-10 Altria invests 1.8 billion USD in Cronos
- 2018-12-06 Hemp: A new crop for you?
- 2018-12-05 Canadian cannabis company enters Asia-Pacific market with Australian acquisition
- 2018-12-05 "California cannabis lab director caught faking pesticide tests"
- 2018-12-04 South Africa: Cannabis trade not yet legalized, but cultivation is booming
- 2018-12-03 The importance of Daily Light Integral (DLI) for indoor cannabis cultivation
- 2018-11-30 Luxembourg set to legalize recreational cannabis
- 2018-11-30 US (OH): Credit union to offer banking services to MMJ businesses
- 2018-11-30 Canadian cannabis shipped to Czech Republic
- 2018-11-29 Wayland Group enters United Kingdom with Theros Pharma acquisition
- 2018-11-29 University of Toronto researchers publish cannabis genome map
- 2018-11-29 Canada: Cannabis cultivation licenses for universities
- 2018-11-28 South Korea legalizes medical marijuana