- Head of Sales
- Sales/Business development Manager - Floriculture - Kunming, China
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
- France: "Local cultivation is more than the right postal code"
- Machine locates fruits and measures level of ripeness
- Farm identified as source of romaine lettuce E. coli O157:H7 outbreak
- Indoor farming topic of discussion after Dutch farm bankruptcy
- CAN (ON): Aquaponic cannabis grower expands with two new facilities
Top 5 -last week
- Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- 2018 Winter Light Greenhouse harvest: 122 kg cucumbers per square meter
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
Top 5 -last month
Pakistan: FAO, Haji Sons introduce modern vegetable seedling production
Twenty entrepreneurial female and 10 male farmers from districts Quetta, Nushki and Chagai, including some GoB extension and research staff, participated.
Training topics among others were: seed treatment, plant training, substrate preparation and mixing and transplanting of seedlings in the field.
Some of the promising results of this training were that male and female participants wanted to establish their own vegetable seedling nurseries in the districts with the help of AusABBA and Haji sons in 2018. Another participant (Zia Garden from Quetta), who already produces seedlings, wanted to become a dealer of Haji Sons for seeds, plastic trays and peat moss in Balochistan as well as to produce more seedlings for nearby farmers.
Read more at The Express Tribune
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-17 INnovations in plant Variety Testing in Europe project gets Horizon 2020 funding
- 2018-12-17 US (GA): Scientists aim to breed better tomatoes one bite at a time
- 2018-12-14 More than just passport data now available on Genesys
- 2018-12-14 "Exciting twist in the European handling of plant patentability"
- 2018-12-13 "Patent law is an inappropriate instrument for the EU agricultural sector"
- 2018-12-12 "We offer Australia’s growers something they haven’t been receiving from overseas suppliers"
- 2018-12-12 Testing and developing the tomato flavour model
- 2018-12-10 ‘The future for Egyptian berries is not all about strawberries’
- 2018-12-07 Turkey: "The future of cucumber looks bright"
- 2018-12-07 "The basics of plant breeding must remain free for further use by all breeders"
- 2018-12-07 Measuring the taste of a tomato with an iPhone
- 2018-12-04 UK: How breeding an outdoor tomato led to a tomato fight
- 2018-12-04 Bayer chooses GenoMAGIC platform to support advanced molecular breeding program
- 2018-12-03 Will the Limalexia replace the Elsanta?
- 2018-11-23 Space-inspired speed breeding for crop improvement
- 2018-11-20 Spain: Plants with greater resistance to drought and no impact on growth
- 2018-11-20 Australia: Applethorpe research facility bears fruit for farmers
- 2018-11-15 Researchers discover novel “to divide or to differentiate” switch in plants
- 2018-11-15 Bulgaria: Hybrid tomato varieties are becoming more important for small to medium growers
- 2018-11-13 Nature, health and fun come together in potted vegetable market