"We will want to engage with our members at the core of our mission and interact more effectively with policy makers, the horticulture industry and our partners. Also important is the further development of our global network of members and acquisition of new members – to meet that goal we are planning an upcoming AVF summit in Hong Kong in September", Christine writes.
"The AVF is now developing into a more professional organization. We are changing the way we work and in the course of that process we have also made some changes to AVF staff. A few well-known names have now moved on in a different direction, such as Henry Gordon Smith, Zjef van Acker and Mark Horler. I would like to thank them for the contributions they have made to the Association in the past years and wish them all the best in their future in the vertical farming industry."
The new staff members at the AVF are:
- Anne Flour, European Affairs Manager
- Gus van der Feltz, Head of Member Relations
- Yanni Garica Postigo, Operations Manager
- Christine Zimmermann-Loessl, Chairwoman
- Thomas Zöllner, Vice-Chairman
- Penny McBride, Vice-Chairwoman