- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
- "Every time we are surprised by the ideas of our clients"
- Digestate as alternative substrate for soil-less lettuce farming
- It’s possible to grow more cucumbers via AI
- Turkey: Tomato grower goes bananas
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Dynamic carbohydrate supply and demand model of vegetative growth
A dynamic model, incorporating diurnal variation in NSC, is developed to simulate growth of seedlings hour-by-hour. A new study compares predictions of this model to published growth and NSC data for seedlings that varied according to temperature, light, day length, or CO2. Prolonged-darkness experiments show a temperature dependent upper limit on the respiration capacity. Respiration is attenuated as NSC is depleted. Furthermore, when NSC is high at dawn, inhibition of photosynthesis could attenuate the accumulation of NSC under low temperature, high light, or high CO2.
These concepts are used to simulate plant metabolism and growth rates and diurnal variation of NSC in tomato seedlings under two light levels and various temperatures. Comparison of other results using the same model parameters show the dynamic model could predict results for starch and starch-less plants, and when growth was affected by CO2 enrichment and day length.
Access the full study at Agronomy.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-12 PROLIFIC project promises new uses for legume, mushroom and coffee waste
- 2018-12-12 "Every time we are surprised by the ideas of our clients"
- 2018-12-11 New technology at NatureFresh
- 2018-12-06 Mixing by hand is a thing of the past
- 2018-12-05 USDA allows new strain of gene-edited mushroom
- 2018-12-04 Green and edible cling film
- 2018-12-04 NASA technology to grow crops faster
- 2018-12-03 Rofianda launches luminaire in co-operation with Seoul Semiconductors
- 2018-12-03 "Nano liquid penetrates glass and repairs imperfections"
- 2018-11-30 Small Robot Company attempts to re-imagine farming with Tom
- 2018-11-30 New smart horticultural lighting solution for optimizing crop yields and costs
- 2018-11-29 Are LED grow lights energy wasters?
- 2018-11-28 Large ‘Tesla ships’ all-electric container barges are launching this autumn
- 2018-11-28 US (NM): Nanotech company launches quantum dot greenhouse film
- 2018-11-28 "The digital revolution is advancing too slowly in the agricultural sector"
- 2018-11-28 US: Wi-Fi CO2 monitor and grow controller for growers nationwide
- 2018-11-27 "Longevity due to high tear resistance, UV stability and weather resistance"
- 2018-11-26 A cosmic ray sensor to measure soil moisture
- 2018-11-23 Lettuce biofortification with selenium in chitosan-polyacrylic acid complexes
- 2018-11-23 "New LED lighting technology ensures growers maximize quality and yield"