- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
- First bananas harvested from Dutch greenhouse
- Market scan: Japan's modern greenhouse industry
- "Better to have a larger pipe with a small pump than vice versa"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Utah working on improving specialty crop production
The Utah Department of Agriculture and Food has a program that awards grants for projects designed to increase production and availability of fruits and vegetables, and other specialty crops in Utah.
Upr.org quoted Adams as saying: “The outcomes are to increase nutritional knowledge, to promote food safety, to establish local and regional food systems and to encourage people to buy local. Also we could be developing school and community gardens and farm-to-school programs, and of course expanding access to the specialty crops to underserved communities.”
Adams says this would allow Utah to be more independent instead of importing such a large portion of produce. That would also leave a smaller carbon footprint and the local economy would generate more revenue.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-12 Digestate as alternative substrate for soil-less lettuce farming
- 2018-12-10 Food & Energy training in South Africa
- 2018-12-06 "Think about how test results can be used to your advantage
- 2018-12-06 Austria: Vegetable harvest 2018 was significantly weaker
- 2018-12-05 Italy: the present and the future of the courgette
- 2018-12-04 Central Italy: Floods raise concerns about water stagnation
- 2018-12-03 South Italy: the effects of climate change on Italian produce
- 2018-11-29 "How you grow and process fresh cut basil will impact flavor and shelf life"
- 2018-11-22 Brazilian relative of the humble tomato is a true 'star'
- 2018-11-16 "Pepper grow trials using CO2 foliar spray technology show added value"
- 2018-11-16 Zimbabwe: Model horticulture farms in the pipeline
- 2018-11-16 "Cucumber cultivation in the future no longer feasible without lighting and further automation"
- 2018-11-15 Eye protection for indoor growers
- 2018-11-15 Spain: Aromatic and medicinal herbs, an alternative in irrigated areas
- 2018-11-15 US (NH): Pest and nutrient management in caterpillar tunnels
- 2018-11-13 The effects of water temperature in aquaponics
- 2018-11-06 Spectacular view of red peppers drying in the sun on military farms in Xinjiang
- 2018-11-06 Autumn strawberries production in Marche
- 2018-11-02 Experience from the field
- 2018-11-02 Growing a quality crop with limited water