- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
- "Every time we are surprised by the ideas of our clients"
- Digestate as alternative substrate for soil-less lettuce farming
- It’s possible to grow more cucumbers via AI
- Turkey: Tomato grower goes bananas
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
European Input List for organic production launched
The European Input List database currently contains almost 7000 products.
The European Input List allows organic farmers and processors to obtain up-to-date information about products which comply with the relevant EU legislation and principles of organic production. However, not only farmers and processors benefit from the new tool: Manufacturers and traders of inputs for organic production have an interest in demonstrating that their products comply with the organic production rules. The European Input List provides them with a single entry point for product submission. Control bodies, national authorities and policy makers also benefit from the unique online directory, which provides a well-founded baseline for the input quality control system.
The European Input List can be accessed at www.inputs.eu.
Joining efforts at the international level
The European Input List is a joint effort of several institutions. FiBL Europe is the project coordinator and publisher of the European Input List. FiBL Germany, FiBL Switzerland and InfoXgen, the publisher of the Austrian Input List, are the core partners who provide their technical expertise in product evaluation. These core partners have several decades of experience in producing the national input lists for Germany, Switzerland, Austria and The Netherlands.
The team of the European Input List. From left to right: Rolf Mäder, FiBL Germany, Bernhard Speiser, FiBL Switzerland, Pia Pedross, FiBL Europe, Gabriele Moder, InfoXgen at the EASY-CERT services Ltd, Lucius Tamm, FiBL Switzerland. (Photo: FiBL, Andreas Basler)
Almost 7000 products listed
The European Input List database currently contains almost 7000 products; approximately 3100 fertilizers and soil conditioners, 700 plant protection products and beneficials, 60 plant strengtheners, 600 products for cleaning, disinfection and hygiene, 140 products for parasite control, 1900 feed products and 200 products for food processing. These products were found to comply with the EU organic legislation according to the evaluations conducted by the core partners.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-04 Organic farming increases despite the greater effort required
- 2018-11-20 US: Organic Trade Association seeking “big ideas” on voluntary check-off
- 2018-11-15 "More and more Moroccan growers switch because of good demand for organic"
- 2018-10-30 "Market for organic vegetables is nowhere near saturated"
- 2018-10-29 France: Study shows promising health effects of organic diet
- 2018-10-23 CAN (ON): Developing a strategy for better information on organic production
- 2018-10-08 UK: Organic sector calls for much clearer contingency measures as Brexit looms
- 2018-10-04 "Growing organic not always feasible"
- 2018-10-03 Spain: Cybelion receives organic certification
- 2018-09-26 Ukrainian government established 2-level control system for organic products
- 2018-09-21 US: Record number of Organic Trade Association members vote in Board election
- 2018-09-11 Government of Canada celebrates Organic Week
- 2018-09-10 "Congress should support organic farming"
- 2018-08-27 More than $8 million to help strengthen and grow Canada's organic sector
- 2018-08-27 "Organic food exports at mercy of EU discretion after no-deal Brexit"
- 2018-08-24 US: Edible Garden to supply organic leafy greens to national grocery chains
- 2018-08-21 Organic agriculture on the rise in Bulgaria
- 2018-08-08 How does an organic farm create its own organic fertilizer?
- 2018-08-08 US (PA): $500,000 for Rodale Institute to fund organic research
- 2018-07-20 Spain: CASI doubles acreage devoted to organic production