- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
- "Every time we are surprised by the ideas of our clients"
- Digestate as alternative substrate for soil-less lettuce farming
- It’s possible to grow more cucumbers via AI
- Turkey: Tomato grower goes bananas
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Syngenta acquires high-resolution satellite imagery innovator FarmShots
This service was developed to help farmers, agronomists and retailers quickly and accurately spot field issues caused by planter skips, emergence, insect feeding, poor plant nutrition, crop diseases, weeds, other pests and environmental damage. With this capability, FarmShots enables growers and their trusted advisers to reduce field scouting by as much as 90 percent and helps them focus on areas of need.
“FarmShots is a new and unique service that helps us deliver on our commitment to further develop farm management and crop decision-making tools,” said Dan Burdett, head, Global Digital Agriculture, Syngenta. “We expect to incorporate FarmShots into our digital portfolio and rapidly accelerate growth from the current eight million enrolled acres in the United States, and globally soon after.”
Cloud-based, proprietary software and interfaces developed by FarmShots create high-resolution images, which can be displayed in multiple formats for rapid and accurate indication of field conditions.
The system provides flexibility with growers’ secure data and is optimized for use on multiple devices including tablets, laptops and smart phones. FarmShots offers access anytime, anywhere, in an easy-to-use web-based app, and data are exportable into most agricultural software. The service can notify farmers and their trusted advisers, and provide a prescription map for input application or other actions.
FarmShots will integrate seamlessly into Syngenta’s AgriEdge Excelsior whole-farm management system in the U.S., and ultimately will be used by growers worldwide. The Syngenta privacy pledge remains intact with FarmShots: growers maintain control of their data, which continues to be securely hosted in a cloud environment.
In January, John Deere honored FarmShots as its “Dealer’s Choice for Innovation”, noting the system is “realizing for users the reduction in time and effort to target field scouting activities, better manage (and many times reduce) fertilizer usage, and provide visual tools both in the field and in the office.”
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-12 Argus appoints new Strategic Supply Chain Manager, Cindy Sonnenberg
- 2018-12-11 PlantResponse closes $6.9 million funding
- 2018-12-10 Chinese retailer closes chain with opening 'largest plant factory in China'
- 2018-12-10 Google to take Wing delivery drones to Europe in 2019
- 2018-12-07 J. Erik Fyrwald to join Bunge board of directors
- 2018-12-07 Mauro Gómez Alvarado new country manager of Top Seeds Mexico
- 2018-12-07 Emirates SkyCargo: Fifth anniversary of Ecuador freight operations
- 2018-12-07 Metamorphosis of purchasing and sales organisation into direct partnerships from the source
- 2018-12-06 Sakata Seed opens commercial offices in Argentina
- 2018-12-06 Bosman Van Zaal on the move
- 2018-12-06 Four-Time NBA champion invests in foliar spray producer
- 2018-12-06 US (OR): New shared leadership announced at Fall Creek
- 2018-12-06 Victoria Lawrence joins Germains Seed Technology as Managing Director
- 2018-12-06 Royal Brinkman official Grodan dealer in Turkey
- 2018-12-06 New Zealand: New HortNZ president excited about the future
- 2018-12-06 Leading US herb producer transitions to Good Natured(R) plant-based packaging
- 2018-12-05 New President and Vice-President elected to HortNZ board
- 2018-12-05 New Smithfield Market -The market that opens while Manchester sleeps
- 2018-12-05 Living greens company launches organic red butter lettuce and spring mix
- 2018-12-05 Driscoll's announces leadership change