- Head of Sales
- Sales/Business development Manager - Floriculture - Kunming, China
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- 2018 Winter Light Greenhouse harvest: 122 kg cucumbers per square meter
- Cyclone Gaja tests resilience of coco industry
- US (MA): Lettuce grower reduces winter crop cycle by over 25% using LEDs
- 2019 trends - Naming babies after fruits and vegetables
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Vietnam: Fruit, vegetable exports up 37% in January
China, Japan, the United States and the Republic of Korea remained the biggest importers of Vietnamese fruits and vegetables in the month. Other markets with strongly soaring fruit and vegetable imports from Vietnam were Japan (69.3 per cent), the United Arab Emirates (56.3 per cent) and China (52.4 per cent).
Vietnam, meanwhile, imported $152 million worth of these commodities in January, of which fruits accounted for 76 per cent.
Prices of several vegetables dropped in the Central Highlands province of Lâm Đồng due to high supply fuelled by favourable weather.
For instance, the price fell by VNĐ500 [0.02 USD] per kilo to VNĐ3,000 [0.13 USD] for cabbage; by VNĐ2,000 [0.09 USD] per kilo to VNĐ8,000 [0.36 USD] for tomatoes, and by VNĐ2,000 [0.09 USD] per kilo to VNĐ20,000 [0.90 USD] for broccoli against the prices in the beginning of January 2018.
In 2017, Vietnam achieved a year-on-year surge of 40.5 per cent in the export value of vegetables and fruits to $3.45 billion.
Source: Vietnam News / www.agroberichtenbuitenland.nl
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-17 What people keep in their refrigerators - in 20 countries around the world
- 2018-12-17 Winter vegetable prices soar in Ukraine
- 2018-12-17 "Strikes in France are harming customers all over Europe, not just those in their own country"
- 2018-12-17 "Almeria expects a good vegetable harvest and a good Christmas campaign"
- 2018-12-17 Nigeria: Tomato prices rise in Kano
- 2018-12-17 First batches of Turkish tomatoes arrive in Ukraine
- 2018-12-17 Germany unveils five point plan to reduce plastic waste
- 2018-12-14 Vietnam: Seminar updates firms on Korean plant quarantine regulations
- 2018-12-14 "Politicians need to go and have a good look in the mirror at what they are doing"
- 2018-12-14 Florida strawberries see strong early demand thanks to California weather
- 2018-12-14 “French farm sector review to be implemented early next year”
- 2018-12-14 "Mixed results greenhouse vegetables, phalaenopsis and lilies in crisis"
- 2018-12-14 Turkish tomato growers expect high demand in December from export markets
- 2018-12-14 Egypt: Nile Delta under threat from climate change
- 2018-12-14 2019 trends - Naming babies after fruits and vegetables
- 2018-12-14 Honduras: Authorities put obstacles in the path of veg exports
- 2018-12-14 Greenhouse acreage expanding faster in Morocco than in Spain
- 2018-12-13 US: Consumer horticulture proposal reviewers needed to impact how federal research dollars are spent
- 2018-12-13 New Zealand: Rising strawberry prices around Christmas 'unavoidable'
- 2018-12-13 Western Australian vegetable growers fear water licence fees