- Head of Sales
- Sales/Business development Manager - Floriculture - Kunming, China
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
- France: "Local cultivation is more than the right postal code"
- Machine locates fruits and measures level of ripeness
- Farm identified as source of romaine lettuce E. coli O157:H7 outbreak
- Indoor farming topic of discussion after Dutch farm bankruptcy
- CAN (ON): Aquaponic cannabis grower expands with two new facilities
Top 5 -last week
- Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- 2018 Winter Light Greenhouse harvest: 122 kg cucumbers per square meter
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
Top 5 -last month
Update for traditional Chinese solar greenhouse: double insulation
Amongst all kinds of greenhouses, a solar greenhouse is absolutely the most energy saving type. Indoor and outdoor temperature difference can be 15 degrees, so the low cost of construction and operation make the solar greenhouse the most popular greenhouse type in China.
On the other hand, it is well known that the old type traditional solar greenhouse has its disadvantages, such as high foundation work, lower automation level, etc.
Beijing Kingpeng Corporation updated this kind of greenhouse this year and got outstanding results for the first trial. "This newest solar greenhouse has a double layer structure on the back part instead of a back wall", they show us. "The whole greenhouse structure production is standardized and the greenhouse is covered with a special designed thermal curtain."
Also, farmers do not need to go into the greenhouse to check the temperature, humidity and others. "There will be an automated control system to adjust the temperature by opening and closing windows automatically and the environmental data will be sent to a user’s app on their phone and computer. Users can control every parameter in the greenhouse by phone. This means, farmers do not need to go into the greenhouse in freezing nights, they can adjust internal environment whenever and wherever they want!"
According to Beijing Kingpeng, this newest type of greenhouse steps forward in 5 parts:
1. Better heat insulation effect. For example, the coldest days in Beijing in December, 2017 shows the temperature difference between the regular and the new solar greenhouse:
Click here for enlargement
2. Reduced the construction cost and period. Whole greenhouse uses solo foundation, one set of 1000m2 greenhouse only needs 7-10 days to build up. Comparing to traditional solar greenhouse, total investment can be reduced about 50%.
3. Standardized greenhouse steel structure and construction processes, which makes easier construction or even disassemble.
4. Advanced automation, means less labor cost and higher efficiency.
5. Bigger internal space makes indoor modification possible. For example, the vertical cultivation or modern growing system can be used in this greenhouse, so are other efficient facilities.
Beijing Kingpeng International Agriculture Corporation
7th floor, Advanced Material Building
Feng Hui Zhong Lu, Haidian District,
Beijing, China, 100094
Tel: +86 58711536
Fax: +86 587117560
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-18 Slipping into the new year
- 2018-12-17 Study identifies mechanism that allows plants to tolerate salt
- 2018-12-17 Play 'Super Smash Bros. Ultimate' with banana controllers
- 2018-12-17 Mauritius goes for high-tech vegetable growing
- 2018-12-17 Netherlands: Additional research facilities at Delphy
- 2018-12-14 Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- 2018-12-13 "Application of reused (waste) water may in no circumstance become an obligation"
- 2018-12-13 "Better to have a larger pipe with a small pump than vice versa"
- 2018-12-12 "Every time we are surprised by the ideas of our clients"
- 2018-12-12 PROLIFIC project promises new uses for legume, mushroom and coffee waste
- 2018-12-11 New technology at NatureFresh
- 2018-12-06 Mixing by hand is a thing of the past
- 2018-12-05 USDA allows new strain of gene-edited mushroom
- 2018-12-04 Green and edible cling film
- 2018-12-04 NASA technology to grow crops faster
- 2018-12-03 Rofianda launches luminaire in co-operation with Seoul Semiconductors
- 2018-12-03 "Nano liquid penetrates glass and repairs imperfections"
- 2018-11-30 Small Robot Company attempts to re-imagine farming with Tom
- 2018-11-30 New smart horticultural lighting solution for optimizing crop yields and costs
- 2018-11-29 Are LED grow lights energy wasters?