- Head of Sales
- Sales/Business development Manager - Floriculture - Kunming, China
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
- France: "Local cultivation is more than the right postal code"
- Machine locates fruits and measures level of ripeness
- Farm identified as source of romaine lettuce E. coli O157:H7 outbreak
- Indoor farming topic of discussion after Dutch farm bankruptcy
- CAN (ON): Aquaponic cannabis grower expands with two new facilities
Top 5 -last week
- Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- 2018 Winter Light Greenhouse harvest: 122 kg cucumbers per square meter
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
Top 5 -last month
Singapore awards land to innovative vegetable growers
The tender for 12 land parcels for vegetable farming was launched on 17 August 2017 and closed on 26 October 2017. This was the first time that AVA tendered out land using the Fixed Price tender method, where the land price is fixed upfront and the tenderers compete solely on concept. The method would ensure that the tenderers with the best concept proposals win. Concept proposals were evaluated by a Tender Evaluation Committee (TEC) comprising both external experts with deep knowledge in agriculture sciences and technology, as well as relevant Government agencies. The TEC assessed the proposals based on the following criteria: production capability, production track record, relevant experience & qualification, and innovation & sustainability.
10 land parcels were awarded to eight companies. These companies submitted proposals that incorporated productive and innovative farming systems, such as greenhouses with automation and smart controls; multi- tier hydroponic systems using LED lights and data analytics to optimise growing conditions; and multi-storey farms that use automated soilless cultivation system and robotics.
“These proposals have the potential to optimise scarce land, reduce reliance on unskilled labour and bolster Singapore’s food security. We look forward to the contributions of these companies in transforming the local farming sector into one that is productive, innovative and sustainable,” said Mr Melvin Chow, AVA’s Group Director, Food Supply Resilience.
AVA will tender more land for vegetable farming in 2Q 2018 and from 2019 onwards.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-18 US (RI): University launches hydroponics educational program
- 2018-12-17 US: Blue Stream Farms receives grant
- 2018-12-17 US: Take a peek inside one of the country's biggest aquaponics academies
- 2018-12-17 CAN (ON): Aquaponic cannabis grower expands with two new facilities
- 2018-12-13 US (PA): School opens 6,100 sq.ft. public educational aquaponics facility
- 2018-12-12 France: Rooftop farm grows plants, vodka and fish
- 2018-12-12 AVF advertises vertical farming in Asia
- 2018-12-12 Canada: An update on aquaponic organic certification
- 2018-12-11 US (MN): Students grow their own veggies at home
- 2018-12-11 Greek students design autonomous aquaponics system
- 2018-12-11 Ship to Plate, food grown onboard cruise condo ships
- 2018-12-10 Saba to set up hydroponic farm
- 2018-12-10 US (CT): Recap of 2018 Hartford Aquaponic Tours
- 2018-12-07 146 million USD invested in indoor ag this year
- 2018-12-05 We have lift-off
- 2018-12-05 "Nigeria’s small farmers are embracing hydroponics"
- 2018-12-05 Belgian supermarket to introduce in-store vertical farms
- 2018-12-04 France: Agricool raises 28 million US dollars for urban farming
- 2018-12-04 Advancements in automated commercial scale vertical farming
- 2018-11-30 Is digging down the future of vertical farming?