- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
- Bravo Sales and Administration Officer
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
140 km of LED modules
Italian tomatoes now available in winter too
140 km of LED modules
About 9,000 lamps have been installed here with another 18,000 planned, giving a total of 25,000 Inter-Light lamps (patented by C-LED). As each lamp is 2.5 metres long, the completed system will house some 140 km of LED modules. Inside the greenhouse the climate - air temperature and quality, humidity and light - is regulated by a sophisticated automatic system that allows precision monitoring of these parameters.
A high-efficiency irrigation system provides enormous water savings, yet ensures plants are luxuriant and healthy. The greenhouse and all its constituent systems are powered by a cogeneration plant. “Beyond the heavy investment in research, our strength stems from taking a Solution Provider approach that combines personalisation of the right LED light recipe with an ability to build complete plants and get them up and running. From the initial design work to final completion of all the required systems and sensors, finely-tuned management takes us from cogeneration to lighting", comments Alessandro Pasini, President of C-LED and Cefla's Innovation Manager.
Research with University of Bologna
Significantly, the Ministry of Economic Development has expressed its acknowledgement of this all-new, highly innovative growing solution. This result is the outcome of the now-consolidated C-LED policy of developing cutting-edge LED indoor growing technology. “Fresh Guru, a Fri-El Green House brand, is leading the way in hydroponic tomato growing in both Italy and Europe”, explains Alessio Orlandi, Sales and Marketing Manager of Fri-El. “We do, indeed, aim to be the industry 'Guru', with products that are ever-better, fresher and more environmentally friendly. The partnership with C-LED allows us to be even more innovative by using lamps that are specifically designed to give our plants the right lighting recipe”.
“For some time now", explains Alessandro Pasini, "our research has been performed in partnership with the University of Bologna, which has set up two labs to test the effects of different lighting frequencies on plants. This research has led to the development of the Inter-Light lamp which, because it is positioned among the plants, scatters the light on them evenly on two sides. These lighting solutions ensure that the tomatoes grow efficiently in terms of both size and quality”.
C-LED is a Cefla company specialised in the design and production of personalised lighting solutions that respond to client requirements. C-LED principally addresses businesses that operate in retail and visual merchandising, interior design, public lighting, growing and industry. The company also develops systems governed by proximity sensors and environmental sensors for interactive communications (proximity marketing) and for efficient energy management of indoor spaces.
For more information:
Via Gambellara, 34
40026 Imola (BO)
tel: +39 0542 654980
fax: +39 0542 654344
FRI-EL Green Power S.p.A.
Piazza della Rotonda 2
00186 Roma (RM)
Tel. +39 06 6880 4163
Fax. +39 06 6821 2764
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-17 New greenhouse machine Zeus protects crops and operators
- 2022-05-17 Wageningen agro food robotics parcours is back
- 2022-05-16 "We encase greenhouses in a layer of intelligence"
- 2022-05-11 "Consider dehumidification in your initial greenhouse planning"
- 2022-05-09 Ultrafiltration for closed cultivation, but what is ultrafiltration anyway?
- 2022-05-09 WUR works with digital cultivation logbook: "A flexible system like this is ideal for us"
- 2022-05-05 Canada: Heating 40 acres of greenhouses with mixture of natural and biogas
- 2022-05-04 Improving the efficiency of farming operations through smart data
- 2022-05-04 A Longhorn farm aims to reinvent farming - with robots
- 2022-05-04 Robot spins 16 arms to pick the ripest strawberries
- 2022-05-04 "Invest time in training and chances of success increase exponentially.”
- 2022-05-04 "Automated real-time stress alerts from your plants increase yields"
- 2022-05-03 Saving on labor with strawberry spraying
- 2022-05-03 Digital pepper growing: "The innovation lies in the application of existing technology"
- 2022-05-02 The problem with handheld moisture meters
- 2022-04-29 TomaGrow wins greenhouse competition: seeking to commercialize solutions found
- 2022-04-26 "Israeli agricultural innovations will keep the world fed'
- 2022-04-26 Brio hydroponics brings rain protection technology from Israel to Indian farmers
- 2022-04-26 “The temperature goes from 25 to 4°C in 20 minutes”
- 2022-04-26 "Chinese horticulture much more than production only"