- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
- Bravo Sales and Administration Officer
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
Russia: Cucumber grower installs lighting on 7,550 m2
“We use lighting from September to April in our cucumber greenhouse for about 4,000 hours. Reducing the electricity costs for our lighting system could significantly increase the profitability of the greenhouse,” says Vladimir Chernyshev, CEO of Agrokultura Group, LLC. “Besides reducing energy costs, we are expecting to see an increase in yields which would allow us to pay back the LED modules within the first three to four years of their use. The return on investment we achieve in the trial will be crucial for helping us decide whether to switch our full 30 hectares of greenhouse to LED lighting. We are partnering with Philips Lighting because of its high quality technical solutions and ability to supply big orders in a relatively fast time frame.”
“Our recent participation in Russian projects like LLC Agro-Invest, the largest LED project in the world for cucumbers and tomatoes, has created a lot of interest across Russia and other parts of the world,” said Udo van Slooten, Business Leader Horticulture at Philips Lighting. “We know that lighting costs make up a significant share of operational costs for Russian growers, and we are eager to help Agrokultura increase its yields and reduce its energy consumption with the use of our LED technologies.”
This project is being implemented by Svetogor, a turnkey project lighting and horticultural lighting company headquartered in Moscow. Svetogor produces its own innovative HID lighting fixtures for greenhouses and has built up a great deal of experience in LED technologies based on its implementation of more than 100 large-scale projects with LED lighting in the last five years.
The partnership with Philips Lighting was announced during Fruit Logistica, the fresh produce trade show in Berlin, February 7-9, 2018.
Click here for the Russian version of the announcement.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-13 Ontario premier visits Canadian cucumber greenhouse
- 2022-05-09 US (MA): Roxbury’s Dudley greenhouse gives residents chance to grow their own food
- 2022-05-06 New innings: Pro sportsman trades cricket bat for aquaponics
- 2022-05-06 "You just can’t fool the consumer"
- 2022-05-02 Richard Ward wins the 2021 ANBP Award of Excellence
- 2022-05-02 Irish grower secures new €7.5M contract with Aldi
- 2022-04-22 "Cooperative marketing will prove its worth, even in times of crisis"
- 2022-04-22 Have a look in the Lufa Farms greenhouse
- 2022-04-22 India: Ex-accountant uses hydroponics to help thousands of farmers increase profits by 35%
- 2022-04-20 Germany: "We will not be able to avoid gas as an energy source in the medium term"
- 2022-04-20 Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
- 2022-04-19 In memoriam: Rick Donnan
- 2022-04-15 "We sell most of our Israeli salicornia to Italy"
- 2022-04-14 “Despite the increase in energy costs, we are still following our initial production schedule”
- 2022-04-13 Shanghai pandemic lockdown, residents try hydroponics at home
- 2022-04-13 Singapore: Supplying modular aquaponic farms to the 3 C’s
- 2022-04-13 Strawberry sales are doing better in the large-scale retail trade and abroad
- 2022-04-13 "China's avocado cultivation has a long way to go"
- 2022-04-13 "Austria's agriculture came to a standstill 20 years ago"
- 2022-04-11 Chinese market welcomes greenhouse strawberries with open arms