- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Almería a formidable competitor in fruit vegetable cultivation"
- Chinese retailer closes chain with opening 'largest plant factory in China'
- US (NV): Development starts at 1,000-acre cannabis farm
- Why Westlanders are proud of the Westland region
- The Soil Food Web for greenhouse production: bringing biology into the equation
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Irish government encourages grower collaboration
With only two fruit and vegetable Producer Organisations based in Ireland there is significant scope to increase scheme participation if growers are willing to work together.
Speaking at the meeting, the Minister of State with special responsibility for Horticulture, Andrew Doyle T.D., outlined how new EU legislation was introduced last year bringing greater clarity to what is required and permitted under the Scheme. The Minister also outlined how Ireland’s National Strategy for Producer Organisations had been revised to reflect evolving industry needs as well as the new legislation.
Minister Doyle said “The Producer Organisation option should be explored and actively considered by every grower given EU Aid is potentially available to the value of just over 4% of their fruit and vegetable sales.” The Minister also outlined that “all payments under the Producer Organisation Scheme for fruit and vegetables have been completed for 2016. A partial payment for 2017 has also been completed, providing government support for a sector that has been adversely affected by Brexit.”
Pointing to the current shortage of labour being experienced by many horticulture sub-sectors the Minister highlighted a practical example of how the PO Scheme can assist by providing aid for actions to support labour retention and recruitment through supporting LEAN processes and training in human resources. This is just one of a suite of measures available to growers under the Scheme to support them in improving the quality of their output, better align their production with consumer demand, reduce their production costs and improve the environmental sustainability of their business.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-11 Danish government in favor of banning thin plastic bags
- 2018-12-11 Australia: A reason to celebrate local products this Christmas
- 2018-12-11 Chinese delegation explores future of food in the Netherlands
- 2018-12-11 Swedish retailers are starting to grow herbs under their stores
- 2018-12-11 Alibaba's world electronic trading platform in Europe for the first time
- 2018-12-11 Spain: Canary tomato growers receive 8.7 M€ in overdue Posei aid
- 2018-12-11 Dutch Greenhouse Delta signs memorandum for long-term partnership in India
- 2018-12-10 Ghana Plant Department warns vegetable & fruit exporters: 'No association, no exports'
- 2018-12-10 China: Early winter veg prices the lowest in five years
- 2018-12-10 Canadian Produce Marketing Association welcomes signing of USMCA
- 2018-12-10 Flow map of US exports & imports - 15 largest trade partners
- 2018-12-07 Continental divides Northern America
- 2018-12-07 Demand of sprouts remains unvaried in autumn
- 2018-12-07 UK government to ration ferry space under no-deal Brexit
- 2018-12-07 China is world production leader of these 25 items
- 2018-12-07 Canada: 18,000 seasonal workers to head home as Ontario harvest draws to a close
- 2018-12-07 Spanish white celery harvest has begun
- 2018-12-07 Truck spills fruit during harrowing stunt
- 2018-12-07 Copa and Cogeca make statement on Brexit process
- 2018-12-07 “Ample opportunities for organic farming in Ecuador”