- Assistant Cultivation Manager - Capitol Heights (MD) USA
- Greenhouse Investment Analyst - Portland (OR) USA
- Market Manager - Horticulture, USA
- Procurement and Marketing Manager - Kenya
- Head Grower - Bahrain
- Quality Assurance Manager - (Victoria, NSW or Tasmania) Australia
- (Assistant) Manager
- Senior Commodities Trader | Pulses | Ukraine
- Manager Production Seedlings - Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht
- UK Sales Manager - (South of the UK)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Unmanned system lifts up vertical farming to the next level
- "Vertical farming is a great answer for food security worldwide"
- Turkish greenhouse builder successfully launches 7 hectare Polyclima greenhouse concept in Qatar
- Temperature is the biggest challenge for cultivation in the Maldives
- What will the urban greenhouse of the future look like?
Whole fresh chain united in new UAE green factory
"A unique combination of vertical & horizontal farming in a pesticide-free environment, with our own propagation area. And in addition to that a connected packing facility, which allows us to mix and pack 100% clean mix salads. Non washed and all ready-to-eat."
Unique about this project is how a fresh trade company partners up with the technical suppliers and starts growing themselves. "Together with our business partner GrowGroup, we are bringing technology in vertical and horizontal farming to the next level. In close cooperation with our knowledge partners Philips Lighting, Rijk Zwaan and Delphy. All specialists sharing their unique expertise and knowledge in making this new venture a success."
"The joint objective is to serve the final consumer fresh lettuces and herbs, and completely free from any pesticides or other forms of crop protection. By selecting the tastiest crops, the strongest varieties and establishing clean production, we are able to serve the consumer the best produce within 24 hour after harvest… ready-to-eat." According to Levarht, the products are so clean, they don’t even have to wash them before packing.
Horizontal and vertical farming - Photos by Philips
Sustainability, the future in farming
By creating a completely closed environment in production, using the latest generation of LED lighting, the usage of water and energy can be reduced to a minimum. "We also see a great opportunity in growing close to the stores and final consumer. Local production enables us to reduce mileage and imports. So not only fresher produce on the shelves, but also a step forwards in protecting the environment."
Bringing the best together
According to the Levarht team, this project in the Emirates matches their new pay-off ‘Bringing the best together’ in full. "We have found in each other strong partners, who share the philosophy of not only changing, but especially improving farming techniques and serving the consumer fresher, cleaner and tastier product. Partners sharing their unique expertise… the best example of 'Bringing the best together'."
For more information:
1430 AB Aalsmeer
Tel: +31 (0) 297 386611
Fax: +31 (0) 297 386666
GrowGroup IFS B.V.
2992 EL Barendrecht
tel +31 (0)85 -7500 265 (office)
tel +31 (0)6 - 2322 1646 (mobile Europe)
tel +971 (0)56 - 919 7520 (mobile Middle East)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-07-24 Russian grower ships first thousand cucumbers
- 2020-07-24 New agent cleans glass but does not affect anti-reflective coating
- 2020-07-24 Corona proof party: dancing in your private greenhouse
- 2020-07-24 'Domino Day' in a greenhouse in Kazakhstan
- 2020-07-24 "Unique geothermal heat pump installation for sale"
- 2020-07-24 Greenhouse production management supported by greenhouse crop models
- 2020-07-23 From airport runway to locally grown greens
- 2020-07-23 Chinese grower returns home to start high-tech greenhouse business
- 2020-07-21 Adding tech hardware and software to your greenhouse
- 2020-07-21 Clock ticks for £50m North Wales greenhouses
- 2020-07-17 Custom engineered, automated greenhouses: now also for food cultivation
- 2020-07-17 Sale of a greenhouse complex in the Omsk region in Russia
- 2020-07-17 Piggott high school's new greenhouse for students
- 2020-07-15 Greenhouse dining comes to Chicago
- 2020-07-10 Turkish greenhouse builder successfully launches 7 hectare Polyclima greenhouse concept in Qatar
- 2020-07-10 Greater Vancouver modern greenhouse investment opportunity
- 2020-07-08 "To grow vegetables like this, you need lots of heat and plenty of light"
- 2020-07-07 US (CT): AmHydro launches new facility to serve marginalized communities in Torrington
- 2020-07-07 Cravo retractable peaked roof greenhouses turn 30 years old
- 2020-07-07 Manhattan rooftop greenhouse restaurant