- Sales Coordination Manager - Geeste, Emsland, Germany
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Head Grower/Agronomist - Cambridge, New Zealand
- Research Greenhouse Manager - Durham (New Hampshire) USA
- Customer Account Manager - New Milton, UK
- Head of Sales, Europe
- Innovation Leader - Crop Trials in Bologna, Italy
- Sales consultant for nursery and horticultural products - Australia
- Business Developer Soft Fruit
- Head Grower - Cathedral City, California USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- "Prevention is the best defence for ToBRFV"
- Improving the plants root system with extra oxygen
- "There are opportunities for Iranian growers in the horticultural industry"
- Mastronardi Produce and John Paul DeJoria announce partnership
- "As a grower, I know how important a proper sounding board can be"
Top 5 -last month
Whole fresh chain united in new UAE green factory
"A unique combination of vertical & horizontal farming in a pesticide-free environment, with our own propagation area. And in addition to that a connected packing facility, which allows us to mix and pack 100% clean mix salads. Non washed and all ready-to-eat."
Unique about this project is how a fresh trade company partners up with the technical suppliers and starts growing themselves. "Together with our business partner GrowGroup, we are bringing technology in vertical and horizontal farming to the next level. In close cooperation with our knowledge partners Philips Lighting, Rijk Zwaan and Delphy. All specialists sharing their unique expertise and knowledge in making this new venture a success."
"The joint objective is to serve the final consumer fresh lettuces and herbs, and completely free from any pesticides or other forms of crop protection. By selecting the tastiest crops, the strongest varieties and establishing clean production, we are able to serve the consumer the best produce within 24 hour after harvest… ready-to-eat." According to Levarht, the products are so clean, they don’t even have to wash them before packing.
Horizontal and vertical farming - Photos by Philips
Sustainability, the future in farming
By creating a completely closed environment in production, using the latest generation of LED lighting, the usage of water and energy can be reduced to a minimum. "We also see a great opportunity in growing close to the stores and final consumer. Local production enables us to reduce mileage and imports. So not only fresher produce on the shelves, but also a step forwards in protecting the environment."
Bringing the best together
According to the Levarht team, this project in the Emirates matches their new pay-off ‘Bringing the best together’ in full. "We have found in each other strong partners, who share the philosophy of not only changing, but especially improving farming techniques and serving the consumer fresher, cleaner and tastier product. Partners sharing their unique expertise… the best example of 'Bringing the best together'."
For more information:
1430 AB Aalsmeer
Tel: +31 (0) 297 386611
Fax: +31 (0) 297 386666
GrowGroup IFS B.V.
2992 EL Barendrecht
tel +31 (0)85 -7500 265 (office)
tel +31 (0)6 - 2322 1646 (mobile Europe)
tel +971 (0)56 - 919 7520 (mobile Middle East)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-03-22 Kenya: Local business in plans to upscale farmers to property owners
- 2019-03-22 US (TX): Fortified ‘high tunnel’ growing structures withstand ‘bomb cyclone’ winds
- 2019-03-22 One of Turkey's biggest geothermal greenhouses founded in Kırşehir
- 2019-03-22 A Growers Climate: about diffuse light
- 2019-03-22 A little bit of twine goes a long way
- 2019-03-22 US (NC): How a greenhouse delayed the 1959 sale of an estate
- 2019-03-21 "The climate-neutral greenhouse is getting closer and closer"
- 2019-03-21 Hungarian agrifood megaproject to include 30 hectare greenhouse
- 2019-03-21 Strawberries more often grown under protection
- 2019-03-21 Turkish government pays 5 million USD for greenhouse hurricane and flood damages
- 2019-03-20 IN: "The first large-scale automated and soilless greenhouse in the country"
- 2019-03-20 "With digital agriculture, some improvements are automatic"
- 2019-03-20 "We expect the first peppers before easter"
- 2019-03-20 South Korea: First crops harvested in hydroponic units
- 2019-03-20 CAN (ON): Royal Bank of Canada to fund expansion of cannabis greenhouse
- 2019-03-19 Alleviating water deficit tolerance in rice under greenhouse conditions
- 2019-03-19 Greenhouse tomato production spans most US states
- 2019-03-19 "With Munich Micros we have an interesting USP on the market"
- 2019-03-18 UK: University of Sheffeld launches greenhouse in Oman
- 2019-03-18 Azerbaijan: New greenhouse to grow tomatoes for Russia