- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Almería a formidable competitor in fruit vegetable cultivation"
- Chinese retailer closes chain with opening 'largest plant factory in China'
- US (NV): Development starts at 1,000-acre cannabis farm
- Why Westlanders are proud of the Westland region
- The Soil Food Web for greenhouse production: bringing biology into the equation
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
Klasmann-Deilmann had embarked on the pilot phase of its Growcoon distribution in the autumn of 2016, the aim being to gain experience of this propagation system in conjunction with horticultural businesses and to sound out the marketing potential. “Feedback from all parts of the world is extremely positive,” added Siebels, “and demand is growing.”
In view of this trend, further standard sizes and special sizes have been added to the range, as has the variety of trays for use with these sizes. The flexibility in terms of production means that the right size of Growcoon can be provided for virtually any tray system.
The Growcoon can be used in all established propagation systems and different trays. The product is placed in trays manually or automatically using a dispenser upstream from the tray-filling machine. Dutch company Flier Systems – a leading supplier of automation solutions in commercial horticulture – has now been commissioned to develop a new dispenser specially designed for the Growcoon.
Growcoon is a biodegradable mesh with an elastic and open structure. When used in propagation systems, the mesh holds the propagation substrate together and, in this combination, helps a stable root plug to form. Therefore, a high-quality propagation medium in conjunction with Growcoon provides ideal growing conditions for young plants. The use of Growcoon has, for example, proved effective with seedlings, in the rooting of cuttings, in the continued growing of young plants from in vitro systems, and in hydroponic cultivation. The main benefits of using Growcoon for propagating young plants are shorter growing cycles, the robust health of young plants, greater root ball stability and – especially with delicate seedlings and cuttings – lower failure rates. Furthermore, savings can be achieved in the use of growing media, as there is no need for compaction.
The Growcoon is made from food-safe components and features the OK COMPOST label certifying it to the EN 13432 standard. This means, that the biodegradable mesh which the Growcoon is made of does not entail any pollution risk with respect to farmland, people or the environment, and leaves no harmful residues. Growcoon was developed, and is produced, by Netherlands-based Maan BioBased Products B.V.
For more information:
+49 5937 31 0
+49 5937 31 279
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-10 The Christmas tree you can eat
- 2018-12-10 Mexico: First roma tomatoes shipped from new greenhouse
- 2018-12-10 Strange trend - watching people eating crunchy vegetables
- 2018-12-10 "The humble carrot is the only British native in the Christmas dinner"
- 2018-12-05 New plug and play devices deliver dissolved oxygen to plant roots
- 2018-12-03 "Amblyseius-System becomes more eco-friendly"
- 2018-12-03 Recognition of innovative product idea for design and functionality
- 2018-11-30 Rack Item Optimizer (RIO) awarded patent
- 2018-11-30 Anthocyanin: Purple pigment fights disease
- 2018-11-29 Relaunched online platform showcases water conservation tech
- 2018-11-29 "New tray with long legs offers strawberry growers the ideal plant height"
- 2018-11-28 "Offered in eight colors, new LEDs enable faster plant growth, greater crop yield"
- 2018-11-27 "New modular LED system offers flexibility and high performance"
- 2018-11-19 An innovative drip irrigation system by Irritec
- 2018-11-16 Panasonic designs blinders for people in the office
- 2018-11-12 Grape tomatoes, the new pasta ingredient?
- 2018-11-06 Koppert Cress introduces Sweet Peeper
- 2018-11-05 "No strings attached"
- 2018-10-31 A magical spice that makes vegetables taste like bacon
- 2018-10-30 ‘Trio of lettuces’ concept revamped with varieties that grow at the same rate