- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Almería a formidable competitor in fruit vegetable cultivation"
- Chinese retailer closes chain with opening 'largest plant factory in China'
- US (NV): Development starts at 1,000-acre cannabis farm
- Why Westlanders are proud of the Westland region
- The Soil Food Web for greenhouse production: bringing biology into the equation
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Young entrepreneur aims to feed Fiji with hydroponics
This, she believes, will in turn not only give back greater yields and profits, but potentially create employment.
"I come from a farming background so I always wanted to start up a greenhouse.
"We are doing small-scale farming and selling it to the local community and hotels as well. But I wanted to start up the greenhouse because the yield increases by 50 per cent. So that was where I got the idea of greenhouse. But the YES program wanted something very unique so I incorporated hydroponics as part of my business proposal."
With land already available for her farm, Ms Goundar will grow vegetables such as lettuce, cucumber, dhania, capsicum, okra and karela, chillies, beans, watermelons and tomatoes.
Read more at The Fiji Times (Filipe Naigulevu)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-11 "Switching in one go was the right choice"
- 2018-12-11 US: Sustainability grants available to small farms
- 2018-12-10 Australia: Granite Belt grower group formed
- 2018-12-10 CAN (ON): Suntech says no to cannabis
- 2018-12-10 Israel: All about cost-efficiency in growing habanero peppers
- 2018-12-10 Syrian refugees harvest greenhouse vegetables in Turkey
- 2018-12-10 Strawberry growers unite to thank Australia
- 2018-12-07 Organic Grower Summit announces Grower of the Year award recipient
- 2018-12-07 "It became time to follow my dream
- 2018-12-06 Alberta greenhouse grower ready for the long cold winter
- 2018-12-06 Ohio greenhouses in full production this winter
- 2018-12-06 US (MA): Lettuce grower decreases crop cycle by 30%
- 2018-12-06 CAN (ON): Appreciation for international ag workers
- 2018-12-06 Florida grower anticipating good leafy green season
- 2018-12-06 "Water is the basis of your cultivation"
- 2018-12-05 Australia: Costa tomato farm starts AU$67 million expansion
- 2018-12-04 Carl Mastronardi wins Produce Person of The Year from OPMA
- 2018-12-04 Why growers say goodbye to the cherry tomato
- 2018-12-03 Rocket from Piana del Sele
- 2018-11-30 In Brazil, only agronomists can prescribe agrochemicals