- Head, Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture
- General Manager - Oxnard (CA) USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export - Import manager
- Import-Export senior Sales Agents to Europe - Barcelona, Spain
- Teamleader Agronomist Vertical Farm - Poeldijk, The Netherlands
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- QA Officer Retail - Maasdijk
- Manager Seed Technology - Hann. Münden, Germany
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Developing new grow bags for the ever increasing blueberry market”
- First report of tomato brown rugose fruit virus infecting tomato in Germany
- "We can advise in any crop to be micropropagated in a safe way"
- Easy-to-construct greenhouse keeps the cold out and the warmth in
- Plant empowerment and data driven growing enjoys worldwide following
Top 5 -last month
- Advancements in automated commercial scale vertical farming
- Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- Mexico: One dead and 10 injured in greenhouse explosion
- "Mushroom growth as an early precursor of what is now vertical farming"
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
Levity CropScience appoints American distributor
Levity has an innovative approach to agronomy and their specialist scientists offer tailored advice to growers. This is because their scientists understand the problems of growers and create chemical based smart fertiliser products to solve those problems.
Levity’s Lono fertiliser range will be introduced to the American market by OMEX Agrifluids USA, based in California, where it will be marketed as ’Size N'.
During independent trials, Size N has been proven to increase potato yields by $1000 per hectare. It is a foliar applied product, that exposes the crop to bursts of amine N, which helps to direct growth towards tuber development.
Anna Weston, MD, Levity CropScience said: “We’re delighted to be increasing the availability of our pioneering products across the USA in partnership with OMEX Agrifluids USA, part of the British company, OMEX. There is a clear demand for our high quality, yield increasing, smart fertilisers across the globe.
“All of the products are developed by ourselves and engineered to get the maximum quality, life span and yield for users. It has been scientifically proven that our products, such as Size N, can produce large yield increases on fruit and vegetable crops.
“The trial results we had this year in the USA, showed excellent yield increases on a range of crops. In essence, the 2017 trials confirmed similar levels of performance to Europe on potato crops, and yield increases of over 20% on strawberry and fruit crops. Ultimately our products will help grow more crops, minimise waste and be better for the environment. They will help increase income for hard working American farmers.”
Added Mike Williams, CEO of OMEX Agrifluids USA: “‘OMEX Agrifluids USA is very excited about this opportunity. We have been in the USA since 1997 and size N and other Levity products will complement our innovative product range.
“We have been bringing scientifically proven products to the US market for over 20 years and we will continue to add to our excellent portfolio to benefit local growers.”
For more information:
Levity Crop Science
Rural Business Centre, Myerscough College, Bilsborrow, Preston, PR3 0RY, UK
Phone: +44 (0)1995 642351
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-01-10 Video: Finding the right fertilizer for your berries
- 2018-12-18 UK: Time for growers to take a closer look at their soils
- 2018-12-12 Biostimulants improve the nutritional value of iceberg lettuce
- 2018-12-11 CAN (ON): Talking healthy roots with horticulture students
- 2018-12-10 The Soil Food Web for greenhouse production: bringing biology into the equation
- 2018-11-26 “New EU fertilizers regulation - Missed opportunity for the growing media industry?”
- 2018-11-23 CAN (ON): Renewed partnership provides environmental, economic solutions for growers
- 2018-11-14 Fertilizing tomatoes by using the toilet?
- 2018-11-06 US (CA): $1.1 million for projects to improve agricultural fertilizer management and water quality
- 2018-10-30 Qatar: International partnership throws weight behind test greenhouse
- 2018-10-23 TerraVesco Vermicompost now available in Canada
- 2018-10-11 How plants harness microbes to get nutrients
- 2018-10-10 US: MycoApply Ultrafine Endo now available in 1 lb. bags
- 2018-10-02 How biostimulants mediate plant growth promotion in tomato
- 2018-10-01 “Marketable yield growing thanks to biostimulants”
- 2018-09-25 Demonstration of Euclid innovation is on the run in Europe
- 2018-09-24 US (HI): Biochars improve nutrient phyto-availability of weathered soils
- 2018-09-24 US: Valent and Nufarm extend exclusive distribution agreement to 2023
- 2018-09-17 Study shows effects of fertilizing tomato with selenium
- 2018-09-14 "Economic benefits with CO2 foliar spray integrated into irrigation booms"