- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
- First bananas harvested from Dutch greenhouse
- Market scan: Japan's modern greenhouse industry
- "Better to have a larger pipe with a small pump than vice versa"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Australia: Young Victorians awarded agriculture scholarships
Minister for Agriculture Jaala Pulford announced the winners of the third Young Farmers Scholarship Awards in a ceremony at Parliament.
Recipients will receive grants of up to $5,000 to support agricultural training and study in areas such as farm management, business and financial literacy, risk management, and product development.
When they complete their studies, they will receive an additional funding boost of up to $5,000 to invest on-farm or in professional development – putting their new skills into practice.
The additional funding will help these young farmers apply their skills and secure jobs in the sector.
The $125,000 scholarship program is part of the Labor Government’s ongoing investment to attract and support the next generation of farmers and ensure the future prosperity of Victoria’s $13.1 billion agriculture sector.
Twenty five young people across regional Victoria have already benefitted from this training opportunity and are now putting their skills to work in our agriculture sector.
Examples of eligible courses include a Diploma in Agriculture, human resources training, business management courses, a Diploma of Agribusiness Management and a range of on-farm technical training.
Applications for next year’s scholarships will be open in early 2018 to farmers aged 35 or under.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 "The last planting got a boost this year"
- 2018-12-14 Ireland: Christmas campaign warns retailers against discounting fresh produce
- 2018-12-13 CAN (SK): Herb grower talks about switch to marijuana
- 2018-12-13 The greenhouse that never should have been
- 2018-12-13 Nothing is wasted in this greenhouse restaurant
- 2018-12-13 US: English teacher returned from Korea to grow microgreens
- 2018-12-13 “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
- 2018-12-12 US (FL): Two UF/IFAS researchers inducted into AAAS
- 2018-12-12 Greenhouse farming offers lifeline for Zimbabwe’s unemployed
- 2018-12-12 US: From food safety training to audit day
- 2018-12-11 US: Sustainability grants available to small farms
- 2018-12-11 "Switching in one go was the right choice"
- 2018-12-10 Australia: Granite Belt grower group formed
- 2018-12-10 CAN (ON): Suntech says no to cannabis
- 2018-12-10 Israel: All about cost-efficiency in growing habanero peppers
- 2018-12-10 Syrian refugees harvest greenhouse vegetables in Turkey
- 2018-12-10 Strawberry growers unite to thank Australia
- 2018-12-07 Organic Grower Summit announces Grower of the Year award recipient
- 2018-12-07 "It became time to follow my dream
- 2018-12-06 Alberta greenhouse grower ready for the long cold winter