- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Vietnam: Agricultural insurance a major policy to support growers
Agricultural insurance will help farmers reduce losses in the wake of natural disasters. Tran Thanh Diep, Director of the Southeast Asia Exports-Imports Company, which specializes in producing qualified farm products in Hai Phong City, said recent storms and floods have pushed her company and many farm households almost to bankruptcy.
“We have invested a lot of money in growing safe vegetables and raising domestic animals. Each model is worth as much as US$44,000. In the absence of insurance, it will be hard for us to recover after a natural disaster,” Diep elaborated.
After 3 pilot years from 2013 to 2016, more than 300,000 households had agricultural insurance worth a total of nearly US$340 million.
Nguyen Quang Huyen, Deputy Director of the Insurance Supervisory Authority of the Finance Ministry, underscored the need for agricultural insurance against unpredictable natural disasters.
“It’s of extreme importance to expand agricultural insurance coverage and outline appropriate mechanisms to harmonize the interests of all parties involved. The insurance will be voluntary, with financial support from the local budget for poor and near-poor households,” Huyen said.
Because most agricultural production in Vietnam is small scale, few farmers have paid much attention to agricultural insurance, which has not been sufficiently promoted.
Hoang Xuan Dieu, former head of the agricultural insurance section of Bao Viet Insurance Corporation, said agricultural insurance covers most major dairy cattle and rubber trees programs.
He added that insurance companies have now begun to introduce insurance services to businesses and households involved in aquaculture.
Dieu said “Credit institutions should attach insurance conditions to loans which will allow a reduction of interest rates. We hope the government will promulgate more specific policies to implement insurance.”
The Finance Ministry is refining a draft decree under which the state will subsidize insurance fees up to 20% for farmers and 90% for poor households. The decree is expected to take effect next year.
Source: VietnamNet / www.agroberichtenbuitenland.nl
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-12 Slow start for Florida bell pepper season
- 2018-12-12 Canadian report: Meat eaters will pay less, veggie lovers more
- 2018-12-12 France: Cabinet delays raising food prices for farmers after protests
- 2018-12-12 Which EU country has the most citizens living abroad?
- 2018-12-12 US: Farm Bill Conference Committee delivers final bill
- 2018-12-12 What are the biggest pitfalls on the Chinese import market?
- 2018-12-12 China: Baby carrot market faces heavy competition
- 2018-12-11 Alibaba's world electronic trading platform in Europe for the first time
- 2018-12-11 Spain: Canary tomato growers receive 8.7 M€ in overdue Posei aid
- 2018-12-11 Dutch Greenhouse Delta signs memorandum for long-term partnership in India
- 2018-12-11 Chinese delegation explores future of food in the Netherlands
- 2018-12-11 Swedish retailers are starting to grow herbs under their stores
- 2018-12-11 Australia: A reason to celebrate local products this Christmas
- 2018-12-11 Danish government in favor of banning thin plastic bags
- 2018-12-10 Ghana Plant Department warns vegetable & fruit exporters: 'No association, no exports'
- 2018-12-10 China: Early winter veg prices the lowest in five years
- 2018-12-10 Canadian Produce Marketing Association welcomes signing of USMCA
- 2018-12-10 Flow map of US exports & imports - 15 largest trade partners
- 2018-12-07 Continental divides Northern America
- 2018-12-07 Demand of sprouts remains unvaried in autumn