- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
- International Editor – Netherlands
- Farming Manager – Atherton Tablelands, Australia
- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Philippines: Two new superhot chillies developed by East-West Seed
These are the Piquante Red and the Piquante Yellow which are claimed to be three times hotter than the company’s current bestseller, Red Hot. These Habanero varieties produce bigger fruits than Red Hot. It takes only 100 to 120 fruits of the Habanero types to make a kilo whereas it takes more than 600 fruits of Red Hot to make a kilo.
The Piquante Red has strong plant vigor and is considered early maturing at 75 to 85 days after transplanting. The fruits which are 4.5 x 3 cm are light green when immature but bright red when ripe. Aside from its pungency, it is also prized for its very high aroma that connoisseurs usually look for.
Piquante Yellow also has strong plant vigor and good foliage cover that protects the fruits from sun scalding. Fruits are bright yellow when mature with high pungency and aroma. The fruit is 4.3 cm long and 3.3 cm wide.
Read more at the Manila Bulletin (Zac B. Sarian)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-10 ‘The future for Egyptian berries is not all about strawberries’
- 2018-12-07 Turkey: "The future of cucumber looks bright"
- 2018-12-07 Measuring the taste of a tomato with an iPhone
- 2018-12-07 "The basics of plant breeding must remain free for further use by all breeders"
- 2018-12-04 UK: How breeding an outdoor tomato led to a tomato fight
- 2018-12-04 Bayer chooses GenoMAGIC platform to support advanced molecular breeding program
- 2018-12-03 Will the Limalexia replace the Elsanta?
- 2018-11-23 Space-inspired speed breeding for crop improvement
- 2018-11-20 Spain: Plants with greater resistance to drought and no impact on growth
- 2018-11-20 Australia: Applethorpe research facility bears fruit for farmers
- 2018-11-15 Researchers discover novel “to divide or to differentiate” switch in plants
- 2018-11-15 Bulgaria: Hybrid tomato varieties are becoming more important for small to medium growers
- 2018-11-13 Nature, health and fun come together in potted vegetable market
- 2018-11-13 US researchers discover genes that define a vegetable’s shape
- 2018-11-12 Researchers in Costa Rica create a tomato that is resistant to yellow leaf curl virus
- 2018-11-09 Netherlands: New cucumbers breeding center "Not just another greenhouse"
- 2018-11-08 "Australian growers worried about extended periods of high temperatures"
- 2018-11-08 Gene network lets plant roots handle nitrogen
- 2018-11-08 US (IN): Inari introduces world's first Seed Foundry
- 2018-11-07 South Korean breeder takes seed treatment and processing in own hands