- Head of Sales
- Sales/Business development Manager - Floriculture - Kunming, China
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
- France: "Local cultivation is more than the right postal code"
- Machine locates fruits and measures level of ripeness
- Farm identified as source of romaine lettuce E. coli O157:H7 outbreak
- Indoor farming topic of discussion after Dutch farm bankruptcy
- CAN (ON): Aquaponic cannabis grower expands with two new facilities
Top 5 -last week
- Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- 2018 Winter Light Greenhouse harvest: 122 kg cucumbers per square meter
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
Top 5 -last month
"Dark-green Faiza RZ bean surprises German consumers"
“Our family-owned company employs 13 people and is based in southern Germany, where the climate is mild. The field crops we produce are cauliflower, corn salad, kohlrabi, various types of lettuce, tomatoes and pole-slicing beans. Some of our crops are grown in tunnels so that we can bring the start of the season forward. We sell our products through the OGA growers’ cooperative; I’m a member of the board. OGA supplies fresh fruit and vegetables to supermarkets throughout the entire southern German region of Baden-Württemberg on a daily basis.”
Striking dark-green colour
“We grow some of our pole-slicing beans in tunnels so that we can start supplying them from May onwards. The open-field production then continues until October. That aligns well with the season in Morocco, which runs from October until May, so we’re able to offer consumers continuity all year round. In 2015 we started trials with Faiza RZ, in close consultation with Rijk Zwaan. We have strong ties with them because I often test their new varieties. This pole-slicing bean caught our attention early on, during tunnel production, thanks to its attractive dark-green colour. In open-field production it has proven to be a strong variety under various weather conditions, such as a hot summer. Its ease of harvesting, good yield and fresh appearance are big advantages.”
Offering something new
“That’s why we switched to Faiza RZ in 2016. This Greentense variety by Rijk Zwaan enables us to offer consumers something new. The appealing colour of this pole-slicing bean is particularly eye-catching. Besides that, another major benefit is of course the fact that the variety is virtually stringless, which makes it very easy to prepare. The intense flavour ensures that consumers will choose to buy this variety time and time again. This striking pole-slicing bean enables us to really surprise our customers.”
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-18 Keeping your fruit and veg fresh longer than ever imagined
- 2018-12-18 Comparison between open field and greenhouse tomatoes
- 2018-12-14 Focusing on the health benefits of Micro Leaves
- 2018-12-14 The colour of healthy fruits and vegetables
- 2018-12-12 Floral holidays with edible roses
- 2018-12-10 The Christmas tree you can eat
- 2018-12-10 Mexico: First roma tomatoes shipped from new greenhouse
- 2018-12-10 Strange trend - watching people eating crunchy vegetables
- 2018-12-10 "The humble carrot is the only British native in the Christmas dinner"
- 2018-12-05 New plug and play devices deliver dissolved oxygen to plant roots
- 2018-12-03 Recognition of innovative product idea for design and functionality
- 2018-12-03 "Amblyseius-System becomes more eco-friendly"
- 2018-11-30 Rack Item Optimizer (RIO) awarded patent
- 2018-11-30 Anthocyanin: Purple pigment fights disease
- 2018-11-29 Relaunched online platform showcases water conservation tech
- 2018-11-29 "New tray with long legs offers strawberry growers the ideal plant height"
- 2018-11-28 "Offered in eight colors, new LEDs enable faster plant growth, greater crop yield"
- 2018-11-27 "New modular LED system offers flexibility and high performance"
- 2018-11-19 An innovative drip irrigation system by Irritec
- 2018-11-16 Panasonic designs blinders for people in the office