- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
- First bananas harvested from Dutch greenhouse
- Market scan: Japan's modern greenhouse industry
- "Better to have a larger pipe with a small pump than vice versa"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Bayer is expanding its collaboration with Bitkom
“Bayer is pressing ahead with the digital transformation. We are focusing on expanding the digitalization of all of our external business relationships – especially with our customers, suppliers, partners, and on developing new digital business models and digitalizing all business processes,” says Daniel Hartert, Bayer AG's Chief Information Officer. “Our steadily increasing activities in Bitkom represent one aspect of our external engagement.”
“Digitalization has enormous potential in health care and agriculture,” says Dr. Bernhard Rohleder, CEO of Bitkom, reinforcing this point. “That's why we are pleased to welcome Bayer, the leading life science company in our association, and to tackle the digital issues of the future together.”
Under the brand name xarvio, Bayer currently offers digital farming solutions in over 60 countries – solutions that make farming faster, more precise, more efficient and more sustainable. In the area of health care, Bayer is emphasizing three key elements: excellence in research and development, deploying groundbreaking technologies, and partnerships and open innovation.
In order to actively shape the potential of digitalization, Bayer is relying not only on its involvement with Bitkom, but also on its own open innovation activities and cooperative agreements with startups, universities and digital experts throughout the world. For example, Bayer is also a founding partner and life science partner of CUBE, the global innovation network headquartered in Berlin. In 2013, Bayer initiated its own crowdsourcing program, Grants4Apps, that has gone on to achieve global success. In collaboration with technology partners, Bayer is developing new digital ideas and solutions for the life science business at its LifeScience iHUB in Silicon Valley.
On November 28, 2017, Dirk Schapeler, head of LifeScience iHUB at Bayer, will discuss “Innovation for Digital Health” in the Transformers Arena at the hub.berlin business festival in Berlin. hub.berlin is organized by the digital association Bitkom and focuses on the digitalization of the economy, disruptive business models, technologies and startups.
Additional information can be found on the Bayer website under Digital Innovation: https://www.bayer.com/en/bayer-lifescience-ihub.aspx
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- 2018-12-13 "Application of reused (waste) water may in no circumstance become an obligation"
- 2018-12-13 "Better to have a larger pipe with a small pump than vice versa"
- 2018-12-12 "Every time we are surprised by the ideas of our clients"
- 2018-12-12 PROLIFIC project promises new uses for legume, mushroom and coffee waste
- 2018-12-11 New technology at NatureFresh
- 2018-12-06 Mixing by hand is a thing of the past
- 2018-12-05 USDA allows new strain of gene-edited mushroom
- 2018-12-04 Green and edible cling film
- 2018-12-04 NASA technology to grow crops faster
- 2018-12-03 Rofianda launches luminaire in co-operation with Seoul Semiconductors
- 2018-12-03 "Nano liquid penetrates glass and repairs imperfections"
- 2018-11-30 Small Robot Company attempts to re-imagine farming with Tom
- 2018-11-30 New smart horticultural lighting solution for optimizing crop yields and costs
- 2018-11-29 Are LED grow lights energy wasters?
- 2018-11-28 Large ‘Tesla ships’ all-electric container barges are launching this autumn
- 2018-11-28 US (NM): Nanotech company launches quantum dot greenhouse film
- 2018-11-28 "The digital revolution is advancing too slowly in the agricultural sector"
- 2018-11-28 US: Wi-Fi CO2 monitor and grow controller for growers nationwide
- 2018-11-27 "Longevity due to high tear resistance, UV stability and weather resistance"