- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
- First bananas harvested from Dutch greenhouse
- Market scan: Japan's modern greenhouse industry
- "Better to have a larger pipe with a small pump than vice versa"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
"Building with aluminium speeds up project completion"
According to Varnet, two major drivers have motivated the company for improving their products from the beginning. "One was to find a way to shorten the time a client had from the time of the order wait for the greenhouse building project to commence, and parallel to this by speeding up assembly time so that the greenhouse can be completed sooner, and start producing for a faster return of investment."
"It is well known that a greenhouse functions as a whole, and even a tiny change in its workings can affect the crop. A bit more light can promote more photosynthesis, improve taste and production volume. A bit lower temperature at pollination time or more humidity can have an adverse effect on the process and as a result on the crop, and so on. Therefore, so much depends on automation and controllability in a reliable technical environment."
"Hence our second driver was not only to provide this reliability, but create additions and implement changes to enhance- or at the least - aid the enhancement of production."
Last year this resulted in the All Aluminium Venlo structure. "Keeping pace with global industrial and carbon print reduction trends using aluminium for a building material, the construction has already provided much more ease in manufacturing and speed for assembly, besides the obvious benefit of increased reflective surface within the greenhouse. It also had matched the strength of traditional steel structures."
This year the next step is taken by redesigning major components of the aluminium design for the fastest possible assembly and at the same time making the structure stronger. "To further our efforts to reach our goals we looked at possible technical ways to maximize production. We also have eliminated the time-consuming welding processes altogether."
As in vertical farming the increase in production is to do with a better utilization of space available, the designers have looked at ways how this may be possible with the current design of the roll formed steel grow gutters. "To get the freedom of formability, again we turned to the versatile aluminium alloy we use in our construction. In our new design the grow gutter is streamlined with expandable width to accommodate the substrate row(s). It easily clicks together by its extruded aluminium component profiles. This new grow gutter system design allows for more crops planted in the same greenhouse area. In addition, the reflective surface of the aluminium grow gutter also provides for more diffused light around the crop", the Varnet designers show.
The design will be presented at the Growtech Eurasia 2017 in Antalya Turkey.
Meet Varnet at their greenhouse display unit stand 1D-122.
For more information:
Varnet Glasshouse Systems
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- 2018-12-13 "Application of reused (waste) water may in no circumstance become an obligation"
- 2018-12-13 "Better to have a larger pipe with a small pump than vice versa"
- 2018-12-12 "Every time we are surprised by the ideas of our clients"
- 2018-12-12 PROLIFIC project promises new uses for legume, mushroom and coffee waste
- 2018-12-11 New technology at NatureFresh
- 2018-12-06 Mixing by hand is a thing of the past
- 2018-12-05 USDA allows new strain of gene-edited mushroom
- 2018-12-04 Green and edible cling film
- 2018-12-04 NASA technology to grow crops faster
- 2018-12-03 Rofianda launches luminaire in co-operation with Seoul Semiconductors
- 2018-12-03 "Nano liquid penetrates glass and repairs imperfections"
- 2018-11-30 Small Robot Company attempts to re-imagine farming with Tom
- 2018-11-30 New smart horticultural lighting solution for optimizing crop yields and costs
- 2018-11-29 Are LED grow lights energy wasters?
- 2018-11-28 Large ‘Tesla ships’ all-electric container barges are launching this autumn
- 2018-11-28 US (NM): Nanotech company launches quantum dot greenhouse film
- 2018-11-28 "The digital revolution is advancing too slowly in the agricultural sector"
- 2018-11-28 US: Wi-Fi CO2 monitor and grow controller for growers nationwide
- 2018-11-27 "Longevity due to high tear resistance, UV stability and weather resistance"