- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
- International Editor – Netherlands
- Farming Manager – Atherton Tablelands, Australia
- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Mexico: the next level industry
And what did we see other than tacos, tequila, Gringos and greenhouses? Well, give us some time to wipe the dust off our cameras to make a full photo recap this weekend. On Monday it will all be included in our newsletter, but here are some quick snapshots to give you an impression of what kind of new trends we spotted at the 2017 Expo AgroAlimentaria Guanajuato!
Mexican labour might be cheap, but if you can’t get anyone to work for you things become challenging. Therefore automation like packing machinery, sorting equipment and logistical systems are winning terrain at rapid pace.
Oh yes. U.S. and Canadian greenhouse growers are shifting their cropping schedules every year with a few days or weeks, and the Mexicans want to extend their seasons too. We spotted this multilayer Heliospectra LED germination system that is developed to speed up NatureSweet’s propagation program. Other large greenhouse growers also confirmed to be investigating the use of supplemental lighting.
No longer to be considered a trend, but soon perhaps to be called as the fourth biggest protected crop after tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers. We saw interesting developments in regards to production system designs, varieties and marketing.
Precision ag is a reality. Sometimes a virtual one, but it will not take much time until drones and AGVs become a standard in Mexican row crops, undoubtedly paving the way for an introduction to the greenhouse industry.
Patron Agri Systems
Asesores en Invernaderos
Ben & Jacob Vandenbosch
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-06 Market explorations during ICOP 2018
- 2018-12-05 Netherlands: Preparations Mastercourse Vegetables in full swing
- 2018-12-05 “Don’t work together for subsidies but for a better future”
- 2018-12-05 EU organizes agri-food mission to United Arab Emirates
- 2018-12-05 The future of soil disinfestation in the European regulatory climate
- 2018-12-04 Photo report: GrowTech Eurasia 2018
- 2018-12-04 Fruit, Vegetables and Herbs Days at IPM Essen focus on young, urban target groups
- 2018-12-03 Photo report: GrowTech Eurasia 2018
- 2018-11-30 Last chance to register for MSU Extension Online Greenhouse Courses
- 2018-11-30 Final day to save 20% on Indoor Ag-Con Asia passes & exhibition tables
- 2018-11-30 Sneak peek: Third day of GrowTech Eurasia
- 2018-11-29 US (TX): “Get Plugged In” at AgGateway’s Annual Conference
- 2018-11-29 US (KY): Growers to gather at Fruit and Vegetable Conference
- 2018-11-29 Investments might be slow, but atmosphere's high in Turkish horticulture
- 2018-11-29 Greenhouse Technology Village at Macfrut: a fair within the fair
- 2018-11-29 "First more reservoir valves and then look further at water and drought"
- 2018-11-28 Netherlands: International Soft Fruit Conference 2019
- 2018-11-28 Growtech starts in Antalya
- 2018-11-28 "More than 100 exhibitors to participate at Fresh Business Expo Ukraine"
- 2018-11-27 Australia’s largest ever agricultural innovation trade fair gets underway