- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
- First bananas harvested from Dutch greenhouse
- Market scan: Japan's modern greenhouse industry
- "Better to have a larger pipe with a small pump than vice versa"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US (MA): Year-round lettuce without human hands
Little that Little Leaf Farms does is traditional.
Across a three-acre greenhouse, tens of thousands of heads of leafy greens pass through a completely automated system in just 25 days. Each of 30,000 trays are filled by machine with a mineral product by the Dutch company Rockwool, acting as a type of soil.
"It's better than soil," said Paul Sellew, the Little Leaf CEO and co-founder.
Over the next few weeks, the greens slowly move along another conveyor as they grow until they're ready to be chopped and packaged, moving along a series of conveyor belts like a Rube Goldberg machine. The first hands to touch the product pack it to be shipped within minutes of it first rolling out of the greenhouse.
The greens arrive the next day at 800 grocery stores across New England and upstate New York, including Stop & Shop, Shaw's, Star Market, Hannaford and Market Basket.
Read more at the Worcester Business Journal (Grant Welker)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 "The last planting got a boost this year"
- 2018-12-14 Ireland: Christmas campaign warns retailers against discounting fresh produce
- 2018-12-13 CAN (SK): Herb grower talks about switch to marijuana
- 2018-12-13 The greenhouse that never should have been
- 2018-12-13 Nothing is wasted in this greenhouse restaurant
- 2018-12-13 US: English teacher returned from Korea to grow microgreens
- 2018-12-13 “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
- 2018-12-12 US (FL): Two UF/IFAS researchers inducted into AAAS
- 2018-12-12 Greenhouse farming offers lifeline for Zimbabwe’s unemployed
- 2018-12-12 US: From food safety training to audit day
- 2018-12-11 US: Sustainability grants available to small farms
- 2018-12-11 "Switching in one go was the right choice"
- 2018-12-10 Australia: Granite Belt grower group formed
- 2018-12-10 CAN (ON): Suntech says no to cannabis
- 2018-12-10 Israel: All about cost-efficiency in growing habanero peppers
- 2018-12-10 Syrian refugees harvest greenhouse vegetables in Turkey
- 2018-12-10 Strawberry growers unite to thank Australia
- 2018-12-07 Organic Grower Summit announces Grower of the Year award recipient
- 2018-12-07 "It became time to follow my dream
- 2018-12-06 Alberta greenhouse grower ready for the long cold winter