- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
- International Editor – Netherlands
- Farming Manager – Atherton Tablelands, Australia
- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Dutch lettuce grower Van de Pol
NL: Lettuce production doubles with HORTILED Top
The family company has been growing lettuce for more than 40 years. In the summer months lettuce needs about 35 days to grow, however during the winter this is almost three times as long. Owner Jan-Willem van de Pol: “We miss a lot of production during the winter months, therefore we asked Hortilux to advise us on a grow light solution to be able to grow year round. The indications are that with this new lighting solution, our production will double, so the choice was an easy one”. Hortilux takes care of the complete grow light installation with the HORTILED Top at Van de Pol.
HORTILED Top is the most efficient LED-fixture on the market, with 2.7 µmol/Joule. Business development manager Peter Hendrix about the HORTILED Top: “Lettuce is a crop which does not like heat radiation, which means that the crop grow more efficient if it receives more light with less heat. With HORTILED Top higher grow light intensities are possible without negative impact on crop production and plant quality, therefore ideal for the lettuce production”. The HORTILED Top is available in several spectrums and optional dimmable. Van de Pol chose to go with Red/Blue Low Blue spectrum with an 150 degree beam angle for optimum uniformity.
New generation LED-fixtures
The HORTILED product line comprises three products: HORTILED Top, HORTILED Inter and HORTILED Multi, all with a distinctive and characteristic Hortilux design. The HORTILED Inter has been specially designed for high wire cultivation of greenhouse vegetables. The HORTILED Inter is placed within the crop to supplement your top lighting. With 2.63 µmol/J, the HORTILED Inter is the most efficient fixture when compared with similar products on the market. The HORTILED Inter provides 10% more light per m2 than other LED products. The HORTILED Multi has been specially developed for lighting crops that are grown in several layers, growth chambers, air-conditioned containers, tissue cultivation and research situations. Efficiency levels of up to 2.5 µmol/J can be achieved, depending on the light spectrum. This makes the HORTILED Multi up to 60% more energy-efficient than fluorescent lighting.
Hortilux is the specialist in grow light solutions. We recognise that an efficient grow light solution is more than just a high quality fixture. All components of your grow light system have to work together seamlessly for optimal efficiency (lower energy and maintenance costs) and a higher yield per m2. This is why Hortilux takes it all in one hand: advice, engineering, installation, project management, hardware and maintenance. Based on specialised knowledge, Hortilux globally provides tailored grow light solutions to increase our client’s yield per m2.
For more information:
Hortilux Schréder B.V.
2681 TV Monster
T: +31(0)174 286628
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-10 Israel: All about cost-efficiency in growing habanero peppers
- 2018-12-10 Syrian refugees harvest greenhouse vegetables in Turkey
- 2018-12-10 Strawberry growers unite to thank Australia
- 2018-12-10 Australia: Granite Belt grower group formed
- 2018-12-10 CAN (ON): Suntech says no to cannabis
- 2018-12-07 Organic Grower Summit announces Grower of the Year award recipient
- 2018-12-07 "It became time to follow my dream
- 2018-12-06 Alberta greenhouse grower ready for the long cold winter
- 2018-12-06 Ohio greenhouses in full production this winter
- 2018-12-06 US (MA): Lettuce grower decreases crop cycle by 30%
- 2018-12-06 CAN (ON): Appreciation for international ag workers
- 2018-12-06 Florida grower anticipating good leafy green season
- 2018-12-06 "Water is the basis of your cultivation"
- 2018-12-05 Australia: Costa tomato farm starts AU$67 million expansion
- 2018-12-04 Carl Mastronardi wins Produce Person of The Year from OPMA
- 2018-12-04 Why growers say goodbye to the cherry tomato
- 2018-12-03 Rocket from Piana del Sele
- 2018-11-30 In Brazil, only agronomists can prescribe agrochemicals
- 2018-11-30 Australia: Brandsema family cultivates taste of tradition
- 2018-11-29 Windset Farms becomes EFI certified