- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
- International Editor – Netherlands
- Farming Manager – Atherton Tablelands, Australia
- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US (NJ): Hopewell Elementary receives $5,000 vertical farming grant
The project has also been in partnership with Princeton University, and a plant physiologist at Princeton University has helped design a custom vertical farm system. The first phase of the project, funded through the Hopewell Valley Education Foundation, was the school’s first tower garden, currently in the cafeteria. A second has been placed in Hopewell Elementary school teacher Helen Corveleyn’s science classroom. Additional towers, the school says, will be popping up throughout the year.
The vertical farms will grow lettuce and other vegetables, herbs, and edible flowers to be used in the school’s cafeteria with the goal of making the school more self-sustainable. In addition, there are strong curricular ties at each grade level which supports science instruction aligned to Next Generation Science Standards, K-12 science-based standards.
Read more at MercerMe (Mary Galioto)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-10 US (CT): Recap of 2018 Hartford Aquaponic Tours
- 2018-12-10 Saba to set up hydroponic farm
- 2018-12-07 146 million USD invested in indoor ag this year
- 2018-12-05 We have lift-off
- 2018-12-05 Belgian supermarket to introduce in-store vertical farms
- 2018-12-05 "Nigeria’s small farmers are embracing hydroponics"
- 2018-12-04 France: Agricool raises 28 million US dollars for urban farming
- 2018-12-04 Advancements in automated commercial scale vertical farming
- 2018-11-30 Is digging down the future of vertical farming?
- 2018-11-30 IKEA: Furniture, meatballs... and vertical farms?
- 2018-11-29 UK: James Hutton Institute welcomes Tay Cities Deal funding boost
- 2018-11-29 Dozens of cameras film food production on Antarctica
- 2018-11-29 US (MI): Freight farm to grow vegetables for Detroit homeless
- 2018-11-27 "Vertical farming has limits"
- 2018-11-27 Chinese company develops aquaculture in Angola
- 2018-11-23 Water flow for more efficient aquaponic systems
- 2018-11-22 GCP-2 facstheet final findings: Aquaponics farming
- 2018-11-21 Belgian King Filip, French President Macron get acquainted with vertical farming
- 2018-11-21 Vertical farming robot wins design challenge
- 2018-11-21 Two out of the three Board Members of the Association for Vertical Farming have resigned