- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
- International Editor – Netherlands
- Farming Manager – Atherton Tablelands, Australia
- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Indian agriculture department on alert for banned pesticides
"The raids have now been intensified and our squads have already cracked down on banned products in Idukki. Banned pesticides are being transported across the borders, especially from Tamil Nadu," said A M Sunilkumar, director, agriculture. The inspection on border posts, however, is still a tricky affair, he said, pointing at a new modus operandi where traffickers smuggle banned pesticides into Kerala in the form of ingredients in separate containers.
The squads will also be conducting regular raids at plantations for banned pesticides. Kerala government has already imposed a ban on 17 pesticides, majority of them labelled 'red', besides prescribing restrictive use of seven others.
Another major step mooted to tackle the menace is to turn fertiliser and pesticide sale outlets in the state into farmer-friendly shops, for which the department will provide financial assistance to shop owners. "The shops will have on display the recommended products and additional information on dosage, intended to create awareness among farmers," said Janardhanan S, additional director of agriculture in charge of pesticide control.
Read more at The Times of India (Salim Joseph)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-05 Italy: fighting pepper plant diseases
- 2018-12-04 "Nutrimite scores high marks in the Netherlands"
- 2018-12-04 Greenhouse growers put IPM under the microscope
- 2018-12-04 Hypochaeris brasiliensis: A new host for Lettuce mosaic virus
- 2018-11-30 Wageningen helps China to develop biological control in greenhouses
- 2018-11-29 US: Novel IRAC mode of action for bioinsecticide
- 2018-11-28 European biocontrol industry proposes new EU regulatory framework
- 2018-11-27 Philippines: Biofungicide for tomato and eggplant project set in motion
- 2018-11-27 Managing diseases of organic tomatoes in greenhouses and high tunnels
- 2018-11-27 UK: ‘Bee-lief’ in wildflowers’ value to courgette pollination
- 2018-11-26 UK: AlphaBio Control win Key Green Award
- 2018-11-26 Poland: Better protection for plants
- 2018-11-26 Following Swirski, Spical sachet also gets upgrade
- 2018-11-21 Late blight of tomato and potato
- 2018-11-21 US honeybees at risk from Zika pesticides
- 2018-11-21 Short film highlights environmentally friendly pesticide
- 2018-11-20 "CGMMV is very stable and can survive for long periods"
- 2018-11-19 UK: Managing spider mites on cherry
- 2018-11-16 US: Growers report good results with new bioinsecticide
- 2018-11-16 Jordanian delegation visits Koppert