- Sales Coordination Manager - Geeste, Emsland, Germany
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Head Grower/Agronomist - Cambridge, New Zealand
- Research Greenhouse Manager - Durham (New Hampshire) USA
- Customer Account Manager - New Milton, UK
- Head of Sales, Europe
- Innovation Leader - Crop Trials in Bologna, Italy
- Sales consultant for nursery and horticultural products - Australia
- Business Developer Soft Fruit
- Head Grower - Cathedral City, California USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- "Prevention is the best defence for ToBRFV"
- Improving the plants root system with extra oxygen
- "There are opportunities for Iranian growers in the horticultural industry"
- Mastronardi Produce and John Paul DeJoria announce partnership
- "As a grower, I know how important a proper sounding board can be"
Top 5 -last month
CAN (QC): Aurora receives cultivation license for Pointe-Claire site
Aurora Vie was acquired in April, 2017 for $7 million, at which time it was approximately 80% complete. The facility has since been completed, with approximately $3 million in configuration and technology upgrades specifically designed to meet European Union (EU) Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) certification standards. Aurora Vie has a projected cultivation capacity of approximately 4,000 kg of high quality cannabis per year, and features many cultivation and automation technologies the Company will also be implementing at its 800,000 square foot Aurora Sky facility under construction at Edmonton International Airport.
"We acquired Aurora Vie, completed construction with major upgrades, and achieved our production license in less than 6 months, which is absolutely remarkable," said Terry Booth, CEO. "That's testament to the strength of our team, our agility and our disciplined execution. Aurora Vie itself is testament to our innovation. We are incredibly proud of our commitment to, investment in, and growth strategy for our Quebec operations, and look forward to servicing both the medical market and, once legalized, the adult consumer market with locally cultivated high quality cannabis."
Initially, genetics (clones) will be transferred from the Company's Aurora Mountain facility to Aurora Vie, and the Company anticipates first harvest in the first calendar quarter of 2018. Aurora Vie's yield-optimized design provides for tremendous flexibility to grow a wide variety of strains, including rare but sought after cultivars not yet on Aurora's menu. This will further expand the Company's product offering, and strengthen its brand recognition as cultivator of choice for high quality cannabis.
Dieter MacPherson, VP Production, added, "Aurora Vie can be described as Indoor Purpose-Built 2.0, a truly next-generation facility, building on the lessons learned at Aurora Mountain, and extending our leadership in high-technology, high-efficiency, and high-quality cannabis cultivation. We believe Aurora Vie will deliver significant improvements in harvest frequency and yield per plant, setting new benchmarks for large-scale production. As planned, the facility was completed utilizing materials, workflow, technologies and design to easily and quickly obtain EU GMP certification. As a result we anticipate applying for the necessary permits to supply the rapidly-growing German medical cannabis market, as well as additional future European markets, via exports from Aurora Vie through our European subsidiary Pedanios."
For more information:
P.O. Box 209
Cremona, AB. T0M0R0
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-03-06 CEA Advisors forms new division focused on cannabis industry
- 2019-03-05 Denmark: Spectrum Cannabis ready for sale in autumn
- 2019-03-01 "I think the Netherlands can become the Champagne region of cannabis"
- 2019-02-27 Belgium takes first step towards legalization of medicinal cannabis cultivation
- 2019-02-25 Canada: 'World's largest indoor organic hemp CBD grower' setting up in Manitoba
- 2019-02-14 Sustainability and the cultivation of quality cannabis
- 2019-02-11 Canopy Growth to inject 30 million CDN in additional capital into Canopy Rivers
- 2019-02-08 US (CA): Cannabis Research Center to explore environmental, social impacts of legalization
- 2019-02-08 Humidity in cannabis cultivation
- 2019-02-01 MMJ exports get approval from Israel cabinet
- 2019-01-31 US: Cannabis company files bankruptcy
- 2019-01-28 "Victoria is the medicinal cannabis capital of Australia"
- 2019-01-28 Denmark: TGOD and Knud Jepsen complete cannabis joint ventures
- 2019-01-25 Large scale cannabis cultivation in Odense, Denmark
- 2019-01-24 CAN (ON): CannTrust to proceed with Phase III construction
- 2019-01-23 Green Growth files bid to take over Aphria
- 2019-01-23 CAN (ON): Tilray buys 662,000 sq.ft. greenhouse in Leamington
- 2019-01-21 Canadian cannabis company invests in 108,000 sq. ft. greenhouse in Australia
- 2019-01-18 "With this system, we can maximize production yields and product quality"
- 2019-01-17 Chief Innovation Officer to develop research strategy at HEXO