- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
- First bananas harvested from Dutch greenhouse
- Market scan: Japan's modern greenhouse industry
- "Better to have a larger pipe with a small pump than vice versa"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Kick-off HiPerGreen: continued development for drone in the greenhouse
With the drone, which features cameras and sensors, it is possible for growers to monitor the health of plants in a smart and fast manner. During the kick-off, the approach and objectives of the project are presented. In addition, during the kick-off, workshops are given and some guest speakers will inspire the visitors with state-of-the-art technology. For example, Jeremy Harbinson, professor Wageningen University, will discuss technology in the green sector. Arash Noroozi, CEO of ElpaNav, will address localization by using bluetooth. Javier Nunez, electronics engineer at AvioniCS, takes you into the world of operating systems in aviation and Pieter van der Hoeven, teacher-researcher at Inholland, will address business strategies.
The restart of the project of the Aviation Technology students is possible thanks to a SIA RAAK-SME subsidy worth half a million euros. Eight groups of teachers and students are involved in the project from three fields of education (Agri, Food & Life Sciences, Business Finance & Law and Engineering Design & Informatics) and four Inholland locations (Delft, Alkmaar, Haarlem and Diemen). The overall key role is performed by Inholland lecturer Cock Heemskerk (Robotica).
"This project represents an excellent opportunity for us to expand our network and to further our plans," says Lucien Fesselet, developer of the project. "As young engineers, we are also very pleased that we have the opportunity to do such a project so early in our career. This might otherwise take years!"
The Delft students had developed a drone during a minor to check plants for diseases in horticultural greenhouses. The Drones in the Greenhouse project received global attention with many positive responses, even from Canada and South and Central America. The students are frequently requested guests at seminars, symposia and lectures in the horticulture sector. They arranged demonstrations, for Floricode, Greenport Westland-Oostland and more.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- 2018-12-13 "Application of reused (waste) water may in no circumstance become an obligation"
- 2018-12-13 "Better to have a larger pipe with a small pump than vice versa"
- 2018-12-12 "Every time we are surprised by the ideas of our clients"
- 2018-12-12 PROLIFIC project promises new uses for legume, mushroom and coffee waste
- 2018-12-11 New technology at NatureFresh
- 2018-12-06 Mixing by hand is a thing of the past
- 2018-12-05 USDA allows new strain of gene-edited mushroom
- 2018-12-04 Green and edible cling film
- 2018-12-04 NASA technology to grow crops faster
- 2018-12-03 Rofianda launches luminaire in co-operation with Seoul Semiconductors
- 2018-12-03 "Nano liquid penetrates glass and repairs imperfections"
- 2018-11-30 Small Robot Company attempts to re-imagine farming with Tom
- 2018-11-30 New smart horticultural lighting solution for optimizing crop yields and costs
- 2018-11-29 Are LED grow lights energy wasters?
- 2018-11-28 Large ‘Tesla ships’ all-electric container barges are launching this autumn
- 2018-11-28 US (NM): Nanotech company launches quantum dot greenhouse film
- 2018-11-28 "The digital revolution is advancing too slowly in the agricultural sector"
- 2018-11-28 US: Wi-Fi CO2 monitor and grow controller for growers nationwide
- 2018-11-27 "Longevity due to high tear resistance, UV stability and weather resistance"